Anders had no problems with Santa this year. Still, Santa failed to get him a single present… oh well, there's always next year!
Brooklyn is pretty good about doing what we say (like telling her to stand next to a scary person). She will cry to us later, but she's "polite" in the moment. Tabitha on the other hand HAD to be held. She didn't care about the candy cane bribe like Brooky did. When Anders was done on Santa's lap, he took the beard with him. OOPS! I jumped in front as not to "destroy other children's dreams!"We have a SMALL hill in front of our townhouse…the kids were out sledding and I figured Ander's needed a turn. 1 set of clothes, 1 coat, 1 hat, and 2 snow suits later, he slid down the hill with me twice before I decided he should go back in. A few days ago we took him to a real sledding hill. When we got to the top, he couldn't breath. It was pretty scary so Svend took him back to the car to warm up. We made some moderations to his budding and he was able to go back up…but not sled.
Bergen had his Christmas concert. I'm glad they still do these…especially since we hear about PC all around us! The only thing I wish was that they would stick with traditional songs… I mean, they are still singing about Christ with the new ones, why not do the norms?
Anders and Grandpa watching Pacific Rim
Anders GOBBLING up rice cereal at 4 months
Tally got a crimper from us for Christmas. I knew/hoped she would love it. She constantly has be braid her hair so it can be crinkly for school… she DOES love it. Tabitha does too :)
Tally and Bergen got a bow from Santa. They believe!!!! Santa ROCKS!!!
Brooklyn was REALLY mad at me for crimping her hair…. oops
My parents rented a karaoke machine for Christmas. It was AWESOME! The kids had so much fun. I think my favorite though was Brooklyn and Tabitha singing Twinkle Twinkle little star
Jordan and Erica were there also!! They moved back to California today… hopefully we see them again soon! Tabitha was Erica's best friend :)
And my two oldest nieces. They let me crimp their hair too! Can't believe they are going to be 13 this year! Glad we'll be there to celebrate!
And… today the HIGH was -3…and that was at midnight. The windchill was -40 and will be the same tomorrow. School was cancelled today and tomorrow. We have snow INSIDE our house because it's so cold! Excited to move on to WARMER climates!
A few randoms :
-at dinner last night I asked Bergen to pass me the knife. He said "mom, it's KNITHE! you need to pronounce your TH better." haha. THIS is why he stinks at spelling…poor kid
-Anders is eating cereal. Today we tried squash. he loved :)
-While in Texas, durning sacrament, he filled his pants. Svend pulled him away and looked at me… we both looked down and there was a MASSIVE puddle of pooh on the floor…it was all dripping down his leg. HOLY COW KID! I blame the rotovirus vaccine he'd had just 3 days earlier… that was FUN to clean up…during the Christmas program…in my parent's ward!
-school has been canceled. the kids were excited but as they went to bed tonight they told me how they wished school were back open. they missed it. me too…me too!
-we are officially house hunting.
-6 more months of residency! Can't believe it's nearly over… only took us 11 years to finish schooling :)


No comments:
Post a Comment