Well, things are going good...in fact, everyone seem so busy...except me! The 3 oldest kids are in school (yep! Got Tabitha signed up for preschool--$20 a month baby!) Bergen gets home and I babysit his best friend for 3 hours...so the 3 play while Brooklyn naps... The friend leaves and Tally gets home...homework, snacks, they play, dinner, they play more...bed... Wow. So, I just basically hang out (obviously I clean and cook...) . Really the only time I'm needed is in the morning getting the kids off to school and then 2 hours with Brooklyn...who actually prefers to play by her self, play on my nook, or watch Dora... so even then I'm replaced!
It's just a weird feeling not being totally needed all day long. GOOD but weird!
I need a good book... of course, I need a library card...but that's another story! ;)
Bergen had his 100th day of school today. We went to watch his class parade their hats and shirts around. He had 100 coins on his hat (which he promptly ripped off when he got home). I'm not sure if he wanted the play money or his hat back! He's so cute. It took a lot of explaining for him to realize he doesn't start 1st grade tomorrow.
I chopped her mullet off before church yesterday. All I can think when I see her now is "Dorothy Hamilton" Is that who it is??? Anyway, it's a cute little Bob like her big sisters :)
Svend has been on call for what seems like FOR-EVER! He goes on 1st then 2nd then has a week break and then on 2nd then 1st then 2nd then a week... you'd think he was the only resident! He such a great guy though-because he takes the hits and doesn't complain. I love him!
I guess I am busy... cooking a baby :) We got the kids all prepped and trained for my sickness...but it only lasted a few weeks... so I guess they are just in the habit of taking care of themselves now and ignoring me (since I would just lay on the couch in the fetal position) ... We had a family discussion last night on how we could be happier as a family. We made a family rule sheet and everyone came up with 2 rules... I am really hoping this helps with our moments of stress and fights that seem to keep hitting us. We also have 2 bags on the wall that are slowly filling with felt balls. One bag says "mommy's day off" and it gets balls in it when the kids don't listen, are rude, fight, etc. The other bag is for them to earn things. Right now they are earning an iceskating day with Svend. We got some groupons a while ago...and they only have 3 weeks left to earn them before they expire. So far, so good. Someday I'll find something that works longer than a week!

No comments:
Post a Comment