I think I'm going to start potty training Tabitha tomorrow. She LOVES sitting on the toilet so this may be my window of opportunity...I'm dreading it. I HATE potty training. HATE HATE HATE It... but I know I will LOVE LOVE LOVE not spending $$ on diapers for her, right? We'll see if I last the entire day... Tabitha is still our little clown. She is a little diva too. Lately she's been all about wearing her sunglasses. Then, she hands everyone "glass" and makes them wear them too. She is finally letting me brush her hair and put a pony it it (YAY). When she does something to hurt her siblings she is quick to say "oops, sorry!" with a huge grin on her face. She loves to jump off things (most things are TOO high but she copies her brother...) and walk on narrow things. She loves taking baths until I wash her hair, and then her day is ruined. She is the queen of tantrums, but we are learning to deal with them. Mostly we make her go to her room or I count to 3 and she has to be done. The school bus in the morning is the hardest. She stands in line with Tally and her back pack on...and then she doesn't get to get on the bus. I have to drag her home. of course, the first time she got nurse-maids-elbow...so now she nearly gets "special treatment" because I'm too afraid to pull her! stinker!
Tally is reading so good now. We are so proud of her. Now, before scriptures, we have her read a book or two to the family (she has to read 100 min a week so this is how we are accomplishing it). She loves having the audience and we love hearing all she's learned. She is doing better in school, socially, so that's nice. She has had a few friendship problems and I think it's basically been narrowed down to jealousy. She wants everyone to like her all the time...and she wants one best friend that she just can't share. This is the part where I see myself in her and I try to "fix" it... it's sort of working :P She is very excited for the primary program coming up in two weeks. Our family was asked to sing a song and she is thrilled! We've been practicing and it's a little too high for mother dear, so I've made it so the kids sing the last part by themselves :) It sounds good that way. We are singing "Faith." Svend is not so thrilled. haha. Tally has two little boys that she sits with on the bus and plays with most afternoons. It's been great for her to be able to be out in the neighborhood and have friends to play with! Tally is still the best helper. Her and I still struggle with butting heads, but we really are working on it. I love her so much and am so glad she not only chose to come to our family, but chose to come first.
Bergen is loving school. I am SO glad we decided to put up the money and put him in. He is talking up a storm and is so excited to go back. This was the best choice we've made for him ever! He has us all act out story's that they do as well. Lately we've each taken the turn being the "bear" in the song "Going on a bear hunt..." even Tabitha loves being the bear. Haha. He is pretty excited about singing in the program too. However, I subbed for his class a month ago and he refused to sing. When I asked him why, he moped "I want to sing it by my self!" wow. So now that we've been practicing "faith" he usually hides under the couch and sings with us. These last two nights, I've got him singing with us and I end up laughing outloud because he does the actions that I taught him so he can remember the words...but he's ultra sincere so it just makes me die laughing ( I know...sad on my part!). He has also told me he'd like to be a grown up. After realizing he'd be getting married and move out of the house, he decided he would marry me instead...or just remain a kid. Silly guy! Today he went with me to the store and while I looked down at my list, he apparently decided he had to pee. So when I looked up he was GONE. I'm mean G.O.N.E! I looked around and in the end had the entire store searching for him. Found him in the bathroom. Sometimes he is soooo oblivious is annoys the HECK out of me! But, I love him.
Brooklyn is just over 5 months. She's prepping to crawl! she gets on tips of her toes and does pushups. Literally. Then, rocks back and forth on her hands and knees. She's going to be on the move! She is the worst sleep right now! (maybe since I said that, she'll sleep through the night). She used to go 10-12 hours at night, but now it's more like 3 or 4. blast. She is not a fan of cereal...and just likes to nurse... BUT she can go 3-4 hours between feedings (sometimes) so it's okay, I guess. I'll give her 3 more weeks and then she'd BETTER like solids! Haha. She is still my rolly polly baby but preferes her belly. She finally started playing with her feet and will grab anything within reach. She is by far the happiest baby ever! She was sick last week and just smiled through all the snot bubbles. :) She does get cranky when she's sleepy but I love how ultra happy she is. Today, I heard her horrible painful cry for the first time. Bergen got her in the forehead with his sword. Oh, what a sad sad cry!! her first battle wound. He felt horrible!
Svend is still working hard. He's doing his internal medicine rotation...so far he's had stroke and heart attack patients...uh, he's a podiatrist...but oh well :) Anyways, this rotation has been kind of crappy but today he actually had the day off ! WAHOO!! Did laundry tonight...lots of scrubs.
Me...I've been busy being a mom. I really don't know what I do all day because in the end the house is a disaster and I'm beat...but I have nothing to show for my hours of work. I am getting my teacher re-certification done so i get to take a CPR class tomorrow and I got fingerprinted yesterday. that is always a wierd feeling. The officer told me "relax your hand." I seriously wonder if someone getting booked would "relax their hand." Oh well. Anyways, that's it so far. Hopefully I'll find my camera! (probably hidden in a secret place by Tabitha!)
1 comment:
So busy! I just had to comment because Brooklyn sounds like Elijah! He totally does pushups (that's exactly what we've been saying) and actually yesterday he pushed himself a little bit! I don't want him to crawl yet!!
And he also sleeps horribly after sleeping so well... and he's the happiest baby.
Post a Comment