Sunday, March 28, 2010

Reflection and Prayer

A few days ago a friend of mine reminded me how much our family's life has changed in one year. One year ago this past week, this was my post. Prayer is a powerful thing. As I was reflecting on our life last March, and how blessed we have been, I received a call from my older brother, Bruce. His new baby, Diego, who was one day old, was in the NICU. He has a defect in his artery connecting his heart to his lungs. Immediately dad was on his way to meet my brother at the hospital to help give this sweet new baby a blessing. A family prayer was offered that night no matter where we were in this nation. Little Diego had his surgery and everything seems to have been corrected. Prayer works. Pray is a powerful thing. I know our Father in Heaven hears and answers our prayers. I know trials are meant to bring us closer to Him. They are meant to remind us that we need to rely on our Father in Heaven. I'm a grateful for these "miracles". They bless our lives. I'm grateful for Diego and his faithful parents. I'm grateful for my own little miracle, Bergen. I'm grateful he's okay. We are truly blessed.

1 comment:

Bruce said...

I hear ya. we are definetly blessed. Glad Bergen is okay too! Diego is alot of work but after his hospital stay, it's not hard to hold and nurse all the time. I wonder if I would still be happy about holding him 24/7 if we hadn't gone thru that.