From today's appointment we learned that his skull is NOT degenerating as previously thought. Everyone has tiny blood vessels that go throughout their skull but for some reason Bergen not only has these tiny blood vessles but also has one giant cluster that caused the "large" (about the size of your finger tip)hole in his skull. These are keeping his skull from hardening in that particular area. The major problem associated with this would be if Bergen hit his head with such a force that it cut the vessels and then there would be massive bleeding (wahoo right?). So... I asked if this is just something we'll be watching for the rest of his life. The neuro said there is no immediate need to fix the problem so we can wait until he's a little bigger to "tie off" the blood vessels. Hopefully this will be done sometime in the next 2 years while we're here in Chicago and have such a great neuro.
Our Monkey Boy is always climbing high and hanging on things. He continues to surprise us with is super human strength!
Bergen loves eggs... boiled eggs. He doesn't understand how they get cooked, but the other day this is what I found him doing after he asked for some eggs to eat.
We love Bergen. And all his smiles!
We are so grateful for today's conclusion. Still not understanding completely why this happened or exactly WHAT to do with it is a little daunting. However, we are grateful it is not a "disease" and will be fixed completely in the future.
5 comments:
He is so big! I think I tell you that everytime I look at your blog. I am glad you received some answers today. Your kids are so stinkin' cute!
Its good to hear that his "skull thing" is going to be fixable!
That is really funny with the eggs! Kjell really likes eggs to, but when he goes for them with out me I usually find them broken all over the floor.
We have been keeping you guys and him in our prayers constantly and it seems like they are getting answered and we are so happy to hear it!! We will continue to keep you guys and Bergen in our prays and hope that they can fix it soon!!
What a relief! I'm so glad you guys finally got some answers. That picture of the eggs in the oven is hilarious! I'm so glad you write down all these things - you will be so glad someday when you can go back and read through everything once it's forgotten. :) Can't wait to see you guys! When are you coming Texas?
Wow Bergen doesn't even seem like the same kid to me - you moved when he was still a baby & we don't get to see you very often. I'm happy you found some comforting news & that it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Post a Comment