Saturday, January 3, 2009

We're BaaaAAAACCKKK!!!

Whoa, we're back, hooray! Glad we left a SPOTLESS apartment (NOT sacarstic), because after dumping our suitcases and presents, it is anything BUT spotless! Oh well...at least we got sick of it and started throwing things away (not NEW stuff...OLD stuff). Anyways, enough of that!

Mine and Svend's first Christmas together was spent with my family. It was one of the last times (if not THE last time) I saw my Grandad alive. I was so grateful that I got some time with him but wished I'd taken more pictures with him. We don't know when the next time we'll see Svend's grandparents so we made sure we got a few pics with them. Unfortunately Bergen was sick, so we couldn't risk him getting too close. I love this one though. Tally LOVES her great-grandparents!



This year we spent Christmas in Seattle with my in-laws. We had planned on seeing some friends, but ended up spending it all with family--which was great! We did however carry on the Bjorn Christmas Tradtion of getting sick with stomach fluish/stuff...everyone had a different thing but it all began and ended with vomiting! YUCK! This year it could probably be tagged OUR fault since Bergen threw up the ENTIRE FLIGHT TO SEATTLE! Anyways, my sis-in-law and I decided it was a "tradition" because 3 out of 3 times we've had Bjorn Christmases, nearly everyone has gotten a stomach thing--pretty funny when you think about it! So...once that was out of the way, we were able to enjoy the SNOW! YES! Plenty of snow! So much in fact that we were homebound for a while and without power! Thankfully my in-laws had experienced this before and purchased a WONDERFUL generator that made it so you couldn't even tell there was no power!

Anyways, we all had a wonderful Christmas and everyone ended up with everything they could ever want! We spent time together, had a baby blessing (congrats Jess and Kjeld), and Bergen picked up about 50 words--HOORAY! Thank you Bjorns for hosting it this year and for everything you did for us!

Bergen GUARDING his Elmos!
Thank you everyone else for the wonderful gifts and letters/cards!

I would post some pics, but seeing as there are a MILLION of them (68 to be exact!), here's a video and collage. Enjoy!


Bellevue Children's Museum (I would NOT recommend this... we had passes though :)
Seattle Aquarium! FUN!

5 comments:

Jessica Jackson said...

I love the video! ha-ha. It was a lot of fun getting to spend time with you guys! I hope that next time we can break traditions! Have fun cleaning the apartment! (we are still working on our laundry from all the traveling... and what we have been behind on).

Jenni said...

so I'm so sad we missed you but it doesn't look like we'll be going anywhere soon. I'm glad you got back safe and that Bergster is feeling better. So I have to ask...how was that with him throwing up on the flight? That had to have been difficult. Flights with kids are hard enough as it is. I'm sooo sorry! Cute post though...like always. Just reading about it made me feel like I was there...kindof. Next time we HAVE to get together. Oh and Sadie's little cold turned into RSV so it's probably good that we didn't pass anything like that on. Miss you again!

Butler Family said...

Glad you guys are back!! And looks like even though you were sick you still had a BLAST!!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

hmm...Throwing up on a plane..NOT fun. However, we had a GREAT crew that kept bringing bags and wet papertowels. Atleast he didn't cry and handled it pretty well.

Anyways, sad to hear Sadie had RSV-SCARY!!! Hopefully she's ALL BETTER!

Brandon and Emily said...

Looks like you guys had fun, sickness and all. We wish we could have gotten together while you were up here, but we were also sick. Maybe next time.

Sam wants to say hi: sam (he knows how to type his name) ewwqwasmnbbvbvvbvvbbnbvcfdastffgtyrrewiopouiuuuuu
( We are going to play dodge ball later. Not right now because Jackson is crazy.)