Monday, May 26, 2008

Girl's Day!!!! (and Pooh Bear)

Saturday I woke up and decided it would be a GIRL'S DAY!!! Tally has been in MEGA need of a little one on one time with either Me or Svend so it was finally time for it! I asked her where she wanted to go and she said two things-- Old McDonalds (McDonalds) and Jelly Belly. I had a baby shower to go to in the morning so Svend did the first part (not one on one since Bergen was there) and then when I got home it was "Mommy Tally Time" We had a lot of fun though I must say I'm excited for when she's older and I don't have to keep buckeling/unbuckeling her in and out of her booster seat! And...she can sit NEXT to me and we can talk better while I drive! (she had the "gift of gab" and I could bearly hear her!) You'll notice in the last picture, Pooh Bear is with her. She HAD to bring him along and kept reminding me that we had one boy with us on our Mommy-Tally day! On the Jelly Belly Train! It's definitly MORE pleasant withOUT Bergen squirming everywhere!
Tally is getting camera shy (though you can't really tell....) and she insisted she take MY picture instead of vise-versa. She actually runs behind me when I try to take her picture without her consent!

Someone walking by offered to take this picture for us! Us and the Jelly Belly car!!wahoo!!!


After Jelly Belly, I decided no girl's day is complete without some shopping! So...we headed to Target where Tally got to try on clothes (I usually don't let her and I just eye-ball it and she gets mad that she doesn't get to try on clothes). She was THRILLED running all around the dressing room checking herself out and then running to try on something new. Needless to say, we only left with 2 pairs of shorts... But she didn't care--she just wanted to try everything on!!!
Overall it was a great few hours to spend alone with Tally! It didn't fix all her current need for attention, but hopefully it let her know we really do cherish her and want to do special things with her!


9 comments:

Brooke said...

Trying on clothes would be pure murder for Aden. He hates it! Ah, the differences between boys and girls!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I bet she had the time of her life!! Good mom Jessica!! Those kids are truly blessed to have such a great mom like you:)

Lynn said...

I love how you let her try on clothes, I'll have to try that some day with Grace. I was thinking, "Man, I should do a girls day in our family" and then I remembered that it would be just like any other day. :)

Rachel Holloway said...

I love those little girl's days out! THEY ARE SO FUN! And she will remember it!!

oH, p.s...Jenna called McD's Old McDonalds too...funny!

Jeni said...

How fun! It's amazing the things the kids will do with you when it's just you and them! My kids beg to go to the grocery store with me if it can be all alone! You're such a good mommy - I need to do this more often!

JT42 said...

how exciting! girl's day is so fun especially when you get to do some shopping ;)
what a great idea-you're a great mom!

JT42 said...

i've been wondering...what about boy's day-how did that go?

Heidi said...

you've got a photographer on your hands! ;)

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

Boys' day? Well, it went great--Bergen slept the whole time and svend played video games! (and cleaned some too!!!) hahahaha