Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Are we done YET?

Do you ever feel like your week/day just drags on and on?? Seriously, is it realy only TUESDAY?!?!?
Holy COW! Every morning I've been walking at the mall (since it's rather chilly!). The kids are well.... tolerable. Lucky for me the shops are all closed when we go so there is really NO giving in to Tally's begging. Anyways, it's nice because we're gone from about 8:45am until 10:45 or so (usually we look at the fish in one of the stores before heading home). It's been nice just to GET OUT with the kids. (even though I feel like pulling out all my hair when done....but seriously, it teaches the kids how to act in public and teaches them other things as well...and well, it teaches me too!) I think the main reason the week seems to be dragging is because this past Sunday we had tithing settelment. We were asked about food storage and if we could not go to the stores, how long could be live off of what we have RIGHT now. We kind of laughed and then I thought...maybe 2 weeks. (plus our 72 hour kit) This includes Bergen because we've stocked up on Formula about 1 month in advance each time). Anyways, we got home and looked at our food and food budget left for the month (Our trip for thanksgiving kind of took some of that!). Yeah...so we're experimenting. So far so good...but I'm running out of ideas (and Svend's "not hungry" suddenly)! Luckly, we have "new" budget on Saturday so that's nice! And I can go buy "real" food again! haha. Anyways, we decided it's okay to buy in bulk when something we like that's non perishable is on sale! Like baby food, stuffing (svend!), canned foods, etc. So yeah,
HOW'S YOUR FOOD STORAGE?
Okay, I'd better go...Tally's timing me on my computer time with the egg timer... erg--it's sooo fun when they get smart! haha!!! :) Anyways, here are some pics we took with the cousins over Thanksgiving break. We hadn't seen them since I was pregnant with Tally. The kids hard at work at the children's museum in Cincinnati!
Tally's destiny...FLYING PLANES!

Svend was the resident Horsey and Tally had so much fun playing with ALL girls (and Carston!)


3 comments:

Emily said...

Way to go on walking everyday! Glad you guys had fun in Cincinnati. Thanks for the heads up on tithing settlement. Sadly we would die in about a day. :)

Sarah said...

I should start going to the mall and walk!

Our food storage is okay. we have about 6 months of all the boring basics. What we are lacking is that 3 month supply of things we eat every day. Yikes. We were doing good stocking up for awhile, but haven't in a long time!

Christine said...

Let's see...with all the couponing I've done the last 2 months...if we couldn't go to the store AT ALL for ANYTHING. I think 6 months of things we eat everyday and 1 year of boring basics like wheat, oatmeal, beans, etc. We definately have enough toiletries to last about 3 years and that's even with bartering some of the shampoo and conditioner that we already have!!