Okay, So I wanted to do this before Thanksgiving but man it's been hectic...and then I saw Jeni's post doing this and thought...oh well, I'll copy and so here it is. This Thanksgiving was wonderful. We went to Cincinnati to spend a few days with Svend's sister Siri and her familiy. We haven't seen them since I was pregnant with Tally! It was a blast. The girls ran all over together--when they weren't smothering Bergen--he enjoyed it though. We went to a few museums and just enjoyed being with eachother. It was truly a WONDERFUL weekend.
Anyways, one thing I didn't really get to do though was ponder about what I'm thankful for...or rather EXPRESS that. So, here it is:
First, I'm thankful for
Maturity. I know, sounds dumb. But every day/week/month/year I mature. I've got 2 children, a wonderful husband, and they teach me so much. This was my first holiday that I wasn't homesick. I'm maturing. I looked around and felt like I should be homesick...but I wasn't...because I AM with my family. I have two beautiful kids and Svend. Leading me on...
I'm grateful for
Svend. He stregthens me so much. I'm grateful for his willingness to work hard in school to gain the skills needed to support us in a field that he enjoys. He's put a lot of things on the back-burner and I'm grateful for that. I'm grateful that his family has come first. We always have and I love that about him. The kids do too!

I'm grateful for
My Girl, Tally. She is such a light to me! She is absolutely hilarious and cheers me up each day. She's trying very hard to be a big girl and do her own things in her own way (which is sometimes very frustrating). She "helps" me now with everything from dinner, to getting herself dressed, to feeding Bergen. She is a great big sister to Bergen and loves him very much. She nearly always has a smile and a joke! Also, she loves my singing --even if it is a little off key! She's my best critic when it comes to trying on clothes. Everything gets a "you're beautiful mommy" and a thumbs up!
Bergen is such a blessing to us. He cracks me up with his goofy grin and bubbly laugh. I'm grateful that he is a cuddle bug. He's got a voice on him now that is hard to ignore and a personality that will not be overshadowed. I'm so grateful that he is a part of our family.

I am so grateful for today. Just for the here and now. That each day we have been blessed with so much, from waking up to a roof over our head and a car to drive. I'm grateful for family support through this "student" phase that seems never ending. I'm grateful for friends able to share the same experiences with us. I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves me enough to give me so much and a Brother, Jesus Christ, who died that we might live. I'm so grateful that after Thanksgiving come Christmas-a time to REALLY remember what our blessings are and why we are here. I'm grateful for Mary, and the example she is to me as a woman and mother. We are so blessed in this time, even when despair seems to overcome, we are SO BLESSED.
No comments:
Post a Comment