Sunday, April 26, 2015

12 years :)

Today is our 12 year anniversary. maybe we'll take a picture?

anyway, thought I'd put in a few things (maybe 12 but I don't know…) that many may not know about us as a married couple ;)

1. we met in October…saw each other randomly around campus (I even walked him home once…) but he never actually sought me out until December 13th to ask me on our first date.
2. we decided to get married over Christmas break, we officially engaged in January and married in April. I loved it but hope our kids don't do that to us! but when it's right, it's right!
3. we both had "friends" who warned us that we were players and should not be dating each other… which is so funny…because we weren't!
4. every anniversary UNTIL NOW I have either been pregnant or had a baby under 1.
5. our first job was as custodians together at the livestock center.
6. we met playing intramural soccer--he played and I was there to….meet boys  (but seriously loved it)
7. he had to show me his driver's license to prove his name was really Svend….
8. we lived in an assisted living center for the first 2 years and I learned to knit with Betty, my 80+ year old friend…Kyle and his wife were supposed to be our kids "grandparents" while in Idaho but they passed away in a car accident together before our Tally was born.  I used to go to their home for coke to settle my stomach on Sundays…because they always had it ;)

This is our original list of names… We did do "Talia Ruth" and Bergen Nils" but that was all.
9. we have lived through health scares with our children, car accidents, and job losses with faith and hope…and tears ;)
10. when we went to our first dance, it was as a married couple. I had nothing to wear b/c I'd always borrowed from my roommates… he called my old roomie for me to borrow a dress :)
11. When Tally was born, she was re-admitted for jaundice. I had to have our manager call him at his construction job… svend came to the hospital and I remember the wild but unwavering look on his face as he calmly and loudly asked "where's my baby?!"  Through the kid's health scares, he has always been the calm one as I sob ;)
12. I "purchased" the van while he was away on an externship. I have hated knowing that was purely my choice (all be it…and good one!) so when we moved to Texas, I put it on him.  It was HIS choice!

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

I always love reading the anniversary tidbits! Congrats and happy 12 years!