I don't know how else to describe it...but I've got a major case of the grumps. I thought this pregnancy would be easier since Svend is around, and it has been...but it's still hard-emotionally and physically. I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to be a mom. I am so grateful that I was given this calling and stewardship over these soon-to-be 5 special spirits. However, right now, things are just not constant bliss (not that they EVER are). I am just plain grumpy. My kids are tired of it, Svend is super understanding and sweet, and I'm completely done with my personal attitude that I just can't seem to move past. That said... it's hard knowing this will more than likely be our last one. Okay, it IS our last child. I can't do this anymore. I don't want my kids to wonder if mom will ever stop yelling. (I'm not a very nice mom when I'm pregnant).
I saw a quote the other day that basically says "It's hard to be awesome all the time so I need a break." Somedays I'm totally an awesome mom, but then it's exhausting and other days I'm so dang nit-picky and nagging...no wonder Talia is soooo ready for school to start in 13 days! I'm soooo ready to have this baby. I'm just physically exhausted, which doesn't help emotionally when you're constantly having to do everything because there are a lot of "takers" in your life... 24/7 ;) This pregnancy has been different in that my kids are all at REALLY different stages in their lives. Tally just wants to stay outside and play with her friends and gets EXTREMELY disappointed if we go ANYWHERE. Bergen wants to do art ALL day and make as many messes as possible then freaks out about cleaning them up. Tabitha and Brooklyn are doing really well together and are pretty much buddy buddy...content doing things...but, like me, they love to go places--parks, stores, etc...anything to GET OUT! So, I'm CONSTANTLY struggling with my kids...no matter what activities we have planned or what I ask them to do, I am met with someone's fight. It's exhausting. I'm too tired to deal with it. Too stressed right now. Anyway, I'm ready for this baby to come so I can have the "energy" I know I can get when I'm not pregnant anymore. My doctor and I finally agree on a due date...the 19th I will supposedly get induced if he hasn't come before then. I am grateful he finally sees the a date closer to MY original one and not his scientific one :)
Despite the major case of the grumps, I am grateful the baby hasn't come yet... there's still 13 days of summer and with a new baby, it'd be hard to enjoy the things we've been trying to pack in before school starts. So, I am grateful for that.
I planned a zoo field trip with some mom's in our ward since our pass expired soon... we tried and Brooklyn ended up barfing so we didn't get to do it..then we tried the next week and was GREAT! Tally got to hang out with her new best friend from church the entire time. Of course, she was ultra disappointed that she had to stick with me for the last hour when we left...but it was okay.
The girls all painted their faces... Brooklyn wasn't too sure about me putting paint on her face. Bergen kept "messing up" so he washed all his off.
My kids have jobs they do every day... we live in a small space and I get frustrated easily with where things should go (nit-picky-prego!)...so really they unload the dishwasher, take out the garbage, clean their rooms/stairs/living room, set and clear the table. I don't care HOW they unload it...as long as they load it! however, I do care when I'm in danger of having things fall all over the floor each time I open the cupboard...here's one example of how they "stack" things... AHH! ;)
The the summer reading program the kids earned coupons. They got to go to pump-it-up twice, and a baseball game. they still have to redeem coupons for hamburgers and go-karts... I think we'll do those once the baby comes... anyway, we TRIED to go to the baseball game... Brooklyn LOVED this giant chair and would keep sneaking from us to go play on it. We only lasted about 45 minutes. Thankfully it was free and only 1 mile from our house!
We took the kids out of hockey and skating for the summer and promised we'd take them weekly to practice. That's sort-of worked... anyway, last week I had to take them ( I HATE TAKING THEM!!!) because Svend was working late... and I finally got some pics!
THIS is why, or I should say SHE is why I HATE taking them. I spend the entire 2 hours chasing her EVERYWHERE!
Tabitha kept on begging and begging to skate. I finally gave in... and since they don't charge anything under $10, she got to go for FREE! SWEEEEET!
She was BEAMING!
Tally was begging for her to go skating too...which was really annoying... so I made her promise that she had to hold her hand and stay by the wall the entire time. By the end of the night, she skated around the entire rink by her self!
Last night we took the kids to chic-fil-et for ice cream (FHE). When we got there, we quickly realized it was the mother-son date KNIGHT... so they all go their faces painted and balloons. We felt like awesome parents. haha
Today the two little girls had a birthday party to go to. It was Brooky's first party! They were asked to wear pink. Aren't they cute??
Now they look like twins! haha :)
I love my children so much. yes, having the pregnancy "grumps" is really frustrating and I'm so ready to be done with it... but I am truly grateful for these children and I pray each night I can be a better mom to them.



No comments:
Post a Comment