Saturday, May 18, 2013

March-May pics

I found a bunch of pics on Svend's phone and some on the computer I hadn't put up here...thought I'd share. I have to say...Svend's phone apparently sucks with pics because they are super small...but oh well :)

In April-ish I went upstairs to the bathroom and saw hair all over the place. A lot in the garbage can but some on the counter.  I knew the culprit by the color but couldn't believe it. I went in Bergen's room and asked him if he had cut his hair. She grabbed his head and said "no..?"  I wasn't convinced.  He left his room to go get a drink of water and as he walked down the stairs I looked at the back of his head. I could NOT stop laughing. It was soooo funny!   He again tried the "no...?"  but he had been caught.  I laughed the whole night just thinking of it...even as Svend nearly bic-ed his head to get the bald spots blended in.  He was totally embarrassed and I doubt he will try it again.  When we asked him why he did it, his response was "it was getting too long." We keep it at a 3!  He never wants to be mistaken for a girl...even one with a pixie hair cut I guess :) haha

 Today, May 18th, was the annual Angelman walk.  My nephew has Angelman's syndrome so my entire family was out walking.  We were here in Chicago while Jordan and his WIFE Erica were in California and the rest were in Dallas.  It was neat just knowing we were all doing the same thing today :)
 Brooklyn wore her typical uniform...a tutu.   She kept running into the parking lot to dance :)

 We were the only ones that had a 3 mile walk. Everyone else was maybe a mile. It really surprised me because kids with Angelman's usually don't walk THAT far... we saw one guy sitting and waving as we passed him by. His parents said "we'd carry him but we can't budge 194lbs!" haha.

 We all had a great time. The big kids were TIRED and it was hard...especially the last mile but we all did it.
 While my parents were here they brought the kids a bunch of kites.  In April it was SUPER windy so we decided to go try all of them out! it was great. All the kids had to do with pick up their kite and it was flying high.  Tabitha calls it "kiting."


 A few weeks ago we went to a local farm. It's a working 1890s farm...so everything they use is only what was used in 1890.  They have lots of animals and you can pet them.  We went once last summer and we'll go a few more times this summer.

 More Angelman walk... the kids had a water fight with Svend afterward  :) Tabitha got me and so I grabbed a waterbottle and dumped it in the kid's faces. Tabitha looked at me after I soaked her and yelled in her most deep manly voice "GRRR!!! LETS GET MOM!!"  haha. I thought she was going to bawl but instead she took it so well. :)


 In March Tally had her first ever art show. Her art teacher picked one of her pieces to display from art class :) She was one of about 20 pieces from her grade so we were pretty proud. Here's her picture of "fall leaf"
 Okay... not sure when this was taken but not much is cuter than my 2 year old in a boxing glove and hulk hand punching the punching bag while in a dress. She CRACKS us up!
 In April, on Brooklyn's birthday, we had a flood. We weren't affected thank goodness and really just go to enjoy the puddles at our home and the days off school. Other's weren't so lucky...
 this is the our street...
 this is our playground and ball field behind our townhouse
 Brooklyn and Dora... yes...she's watching it while outside...but it kept her from me having to chase her everywhere...I needed it! haha

 Belly at 6.5 months... 14 weeks to go people!
 Jordan got MARRIED!!!! He and Erica nearly eloped but when they told us they were getting hitched in a week we pulled things together and mom and dad were able to pull of a small reception and John, Bruce, and I got to go. It was great being there for him.  I'm grateful I got to go.
 Us with my new Sister-in-law!

No comments: