Bergen came in limping the other day because he'd fallen off his bike. He said his knee hurt and needed me to check it out. Svend was home and I was making dinner so I told him to go have dad look at it. His response? "mom! Dad is just a foot doctor!"
haha
Tally wrote a book about her family. On the page about me she said I was so kind. THen she said "I love her so much. I love her even more that drawing." That's LOVE!
:)
Today we had parent teacher conference for the kids.
Bergen's teacher talked about how sober he is. She said he asks higher level questions all the time. She gave an example of when she was reading a book to the kids. It showed a girl going outside to hide but then her family caught her in the closet. The pictures showed this. Bergen stopped the teacher and said "wait a minute! How did she get to the closet if she was going outside?" So the teacher talked about how the author/illustrator messed up. haha. She said that he is really smart in math. She said he also gets his work done quickly and then is ready to move on to the next step FAST. Also, his art teacher loves him because he loves to create and she often has to give him more projects than the other kids :)
-we have paper all over our house from his creations. Seriously. Scissors, glue, markers, and paper...ALL OVER!
Talia teacher talked about how talkative she is. No surprise! She said "I can't move her anymore." uh. oh. But she's average or above on everything...the problem is that the teacher doesn't want to explain things to the class and then to her because she's been talking! Her teacher is a little less apt to praise I've decided. Like she wants to be careful how much she divulges... or something. Anyway, what I pulled from it is that she is really creative in her writing and loves to illustrate (which we know) and that she is past the 1/2 way point on her math facts when the year isn't even 1/2 way over. So while the teacher was subdued as to her progress, we think she's pretty smart! And fun :)
While the other two don't have school..I guess I can report on them myself :)
Tabitha is doing okay. She is suffering from some stomach issues and they have gotten worse...so she is on daily medication. Lets just say, we spend the majority of our day between crying and her sitting on the potty. It's like re-potty training now...and she even has a dvd player in there with her. It's been a hard few weeks but we are hoping to see progress soon. She loves her school (nursery) and is excited to finally go to Bergen's school in a month (primary). We are trying to figure out a way to send her to preschool in January. Just depends on a few things. She is super smart. She talks non stop and LOVES Hannah Montana music. She knows a lot of the songs. She is also OBSESSED with PINK. Her eyes are even sparkly pink according to her. She plays "spy's" with Bergen and he lets her beat the trash out of him...pretty fun to watch her ninja moves!
Brooklyn is 19months. She's been in nursery for 2 months (we snuck her in early...she's bigger than half of them anyway!). She LOVES it. THough, it makes her Sunday's hard...because she's super tired when we get home from church. She has learned 3 animal sounds. Cow (oooo), pig (the nose snort), and horse (neigh). She also has a few words. Bergen is Bee-o (hahaha), Tabitha is Ba, Talia is EE-a, then Mommy and da-ee. She will repeat or try to repeat everything we say. Her clearest word is Bergen's best friend, Amari. She actually said "Maury" when she sees him or his house. She LOVES him. She is obsessed and I mean OBSESSED with DORA. What have we created??? I am thinking a giant dora pillow/doll is what Santa should bring her...
Svend and I are doing good. SVend just got back from a conference where his research won 3rd place...and he golfed a few times...and had fun. He deserved it. He hasn't had a vacation in 1.5 years... He needed this!
I am good. Glad Svend is HOME. Life has been a bit crazy lately and I just have to say it is hard but we are grateful when we see that we have so much compared to so many.
1 comment:
Of course your kids love you! I'm pretty sure everyone who meets you loves you!
So fun to hear about all the kids! Glad everyone is doing well and that Svend is home. ;)
Post a Comment