We are lucky enough to live near the zoo! We got a year membership and have not enjoyed it twice! With our membership, we got one time tickets to the dolphin show. It was WONDERFUL! Talia has now decided she wants to be a dolphin trainer when she grows up. Tabitha keeps asking to go back to the dolphin show... not sure how we'll keep away from it the next time we go to the zoo! 
Here's our pick a job... the pink are daily jobs (dishes, toys, clothes, trash). The green are for bi-weekly jobs (vacuuming, dusting, and another I can't remember right now...) and the blue are the bathroom jobs (mirrors, toilet, and bathtub). It's taken aLOT of the stress off of me and knowing that their jobs aren't set in stone and it's literally the "luck of the draw" has helped the kids be okay with it...though we still have the meltdowns when Bergen get's "trash" and Talia gets "dishes." oh well. Can't win everything!
Today we went to a FREE children's indoor play place. SWEET! It was basically a cross between McDonalds and nursery (with riding toys). It was a coffee shop owned by a church. They just ask for donations or that you purchase a drink or something while there. The kids LOVED it and I did too. It was so nice. And...bonus, it's 5 minutes away by car! SWEET!!!!!!
Still no friends here, but we are doing really good. We are having some good quality time and keeping busy. Tabitha still struggles with living in this "new hotel"-soo sad! Talia really misses her friends... Bergen REALLY misses our neighbor and friends... Svend and I just got a calling teaching a "primary class" to a 28 year old man who is severely developmentally delayed. We are really excited for this calling and are even more excited to be in a setting with a few couples that we HAVE to get to know and become friends with, right???

2 comments:
I would be your bosom buddy! So sad that you don't have friends yet~
Love your chore/activity pulls! I might have to follow suit.
You are such a good mommacita! I sure am glad I know you!
I love the Pick a Job!! I have GOT to do that here. :) GREAT IDEA!!
~Connie
Post a Comment