Thursday, March 22, 2012

Parent Teacher Conference/ date with Tally


Yesterday was Talia's p.t. conference. She had early release and Svend had a 1/2 day, so her and I took a little break from life and went shopping :) We got matching Easter dresses for the girls (really cute and SOOO cheap!). She had several to choose from but was insistent on matching her sisters...so that limited it to one. I'm exicted though and think will all look so cute. She also compromised and got pink...she LOVES blue...but Tabitha loves pink and she and I both knew Tabitha would NOT wear it if it wasn't. Talia is super mature :)

I asked her how she thought the conference would go. "I don't know." I asked her if the teacher would say she was naughty (with a smile on my face). She replied "How would I know? I'm not her. She can say whatever she wants to say about me." Goofy kid!

We went to Clair's. Her DREAM store. She had some money to spend and as we walked in she says "I just want to feel everything and try it on" talking about all the jewelry. :) She ended up getting herself a necklace and ring. What was sweet was that the entire time she kept looking for things to purchase for her teacher and sister.

On to PTC. We all walked in (yes...all 6 of us) and her teacher is just BEAMING. She looks at me and Svend and just says " I LOVE HER! I am so grateful she's in my class and there is NOTHING I can even tell you to improve with her. She is a delight and I wish I had more kids like her in my class" Well...we're beaming :)

Talia was also chosen as a MARCH ROAR kid. Basically it's like a citizenship award but only a few are chosen as THE Roar kids for each month. She got her name read over the morning announcements, a certificate, a letter explaining it, her picture on the wall of the school entrance, and a special ROAR pin.

She very much deserves this and her teacher just gushed about it :D She was so excited and said she has been waiting for Talia to get it.

We are so proud of her. She is such a wonderful kid and we are so thankful she is in our home. She's growing up so fast and sometimes it's so hard to remember the little 2 year old that she once was. Sometimes Svend and I find ourselves remembering little moments in her life and laugh and laugh. We love our Talia so much!

No comments: