Yesterday was Fast and Testimony meeting. I stood up and bore my testimony of Eternal Families. Tally came up while I was bearing my testimony...pretty usual for her now. Tagging behind her, however, was Bergen. I finished, then Tally went. I sat by Bergen and asked if he was going to bear his testimony. He said "Yes. Tally told me what to say." So, I went and sat down (because Tabitha decided she needed to be up there too...and I had to take her back). Bergen sat reverently through an adult's testimony, and then he stood. Svend and I were wondering WHAT ON EARTH he was going to say. He stood there, put his mouth in the microphone and announced :
"I'd like to BURY my testimony that I know this church is true. I want to do good and I like to play. Jesus is GOOD and Satan is VERY VERY BAD! I want to be like Jesus. Name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
I looked at Tally. Everyone was laughing with that "VERY VERY BAD" part and Tally said "wow. I didn't tell him to say that. I just told him to say he knows the church is true. " Bergen has such a sweet testimony. He wants to follow Jesus and do what is right. Today he told me that Tally was teaching him to be bad like Satan, but he was going to choose the right like Jesus. Oh boy. I told him Tally is NOT like Satan, but I'm glad he would like to follow Jesus. Love my sweet boy!
4 comments:
It really was a wonderful testimony!! Probably the sweetest child's testimony I've ever heard.
that is so sweet. Good that you wrote it down because now you can always go back and say this is when you bore your testimony Bergen and he can tell that to his kids. It is pretty funny though
I would have LOVED to be in attendance at your Fast and Testimony meeting to hear sweet Bergen bear that testimony!!! What a sweetheart!!! =D
So precious! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment