Tuesday, December 14, 2010

So that explains it!

Hydramnios!
I am so glad to have an OB this time around that is on the ball. I've never had any pregnancy complications. None. However, delievery is getting to be another story. With Tally I had an infection in my amneotic fluid and when it burst, it BURST. With Bergen the dr kept saying "I don't know why your water hasn't broken yet b/c your bag is bulging!" And then I hemeraged after delievery which resulted in lots of lost blood and a feeling like I was on drugs eventhough I wasn't. With Tabitha I told the OB about the hemerage so they were prepared in the delievery room. I was also induced (actually not allowed to leave the hospital) after an ultrasound showed I had "off the chart" levels of amneotic fluid. He just said it could cause the baby's cord to prolapse which would result in an emergency c-section. ahh ! So now, baby #4. My I reminded my new OB about my delievery stuff and he ordered a high density ultrasound to start keeping track of my fluid. He even attached a name to the problem--Hydraminos. I looked it up this morning and wouldn't you know... It causes gushing of fluids and hemeragging after delievery! Funny thing that it took 4 pregnancies to figure everything out-to figure out it was a pattern. Anyways..grateful for an OB who's taking initiative.

1 comment:

Butler Family said...

wow that is crazy that it took 4 pregnancies. glad you know now though