Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Extremely Blessed. Thank you

We have been extremely blessed and Svend and I are so grateful. This week Svend tried to replace his brakes-something he has always done. However, during the process a tool was snapped in half, his finger cut, and in the end the brakes could not be put on. Frustration. So, our only other choice was to have a shop do it for us. Svend took it to Sears. The quoted him a price that was triple what it would have cost him to do it...ugh. But, we had the money (thanks to the loan that finally came through), and it had to be done...so we bit it. About 3 hours later, Svend gets a call from Sears. The price they quoted had changed. It was raised by 1/2. Ugh. I'm watching Svend's concern and thinking "oh great...one more thing..." Then, he got a surprised look on his face...shock more like it. He hung up smiling. I asked the price...he told me...barf...then he said "but they said an annonymous donor paid our bill." WHAT?! Tears, tears, and more tears. How grateful I am for a Father in Heaven who has seen how much we've been trying to "do it on our own" and sent someone who did this amazing deed for us. This Christmas will never be forgotten. We have tightened our belts and were prepared to make them tighter... they saved us. This was the ultimate Christmas present. We are forever grateful for this person and their act of kindness in our lives. I don't know if they knew our situation or if they even had the complete means to pay for this without tightening their belts a little more. Hopefully one day we'll be able to thank them in person.
Tally understood-mostly- how great this was. It will be something we will be talking about for years to come and something that hopefully we can do ourselves for someone else.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

that totally made me cry!!!

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

Wow! Aren't you so excited for the day you can pay that forward to someone else? I am so looking forward to that. What a blessing!

Jeni said...

Wow! What a great way to be able to teach the kids about the true meaning of this season. What a blessing!