Saturday, November 13, 2010

American Airlines

While I'm NOT a fan of flying American Airlines--b/c they are NOT kid friendly--I have to say that their recent commercials have got my crying! I love them! Don't know if you've seen them, but they are typically a service man or woman getting on the plane. The most recent was a young man thanking everyone with "yes sir" or "yes ma'am" as he moved around the plane and airport...but as he excited the plane, he said "thank you sir" to the pilot and the pilot looked at him and said "no. thank you." The young man just nodded curtly. I know they are just actors, but they are portraying real young men and women who choose to serve our country. There is not a draft, no one is forcing their hand. They are making choices to serve our country no matter the price. I'm grateful to those before me who have served to protect our rights. Right now I'm most grateful for my little brother who will be deploying early in the year. He is such an amazing young man. We love him so much. I love him so much. It has been great to watch him grow and learn and change. My children look up to him so much. They don't understand everything he is about to do, but they do know he's going to protect them. As I was talking to him last night on the phone, Tally asked to tell him something. When she got on, she shocked me. Unprompted she said "thank you for serving our Country Uncle Jordan." We are all thankful.

1 comment:

Nicki Allen said...

I dunno if I'm just overly emotional right now or something, but that made me cry :/