Okay, so today I got my first of hopefully NEVER AGAIN phone calls from the school principle. Tally apparently "punched" someone on the bus. WHAT? This is NOT my Tally! Don't get me wrong, she can throw some punches and she can hold her own...but it's usually to her brother and it's usually provoked. Anyways, said incident happened on Friday on the bus and was brought to light today (monday). So, Tally sounded like a liar to the principle b/c she couldn't remember all that happened. I assured the principle that I'd be talking to her. Thankfully I've had a bit of a change in attitude toward my children recently and decided to not truly bring it up...I had a feeling Tally had been dreading seeing me when she got off the bus...knowing what was coming.
I asked her about her day...then I asked if any teachers had pulled her out of class to talk to her. "yes." Basically, she didn't want to talk about it anymore. The problem with teachers (and me) is that they talk things to death. Tally had been "talked to" about the situation throughout the day...ugh. But what she said happened was her friend had a grumpy face (which means snotty/rude) at her and she can't remember if she hit her leg or pinched her leg... I asked her why she was so angry and what would make her want to hurt someone. She instantly broke down and sobbed for about 10minutes about a girl and boy in her class that are constantly teasing her and telling her they don't like her. She said she was having a hard day and I guess the "grumpy face" was her last straw--which is still no excuse btw...but atleast I know the "root" of the problem. She's complained about this before. So much so that I've sent a note about one boy and asked that they not be near eachother.... which was agreed by the teacher.
This is so unlike her. Preschool was a cinch and she loved it. We never had ANY complaints about her behavior toward other children. The only complaint we ever got was that she was helping too many kids when they needed to do it themselves :) Now she's hitting?!??!?!?!?!?!? Something is seriously wrong. Now...what to do?
2 comments:
Poor Tally- it sounds like some kids are semi-bullying her in a way that makes her feel unliked and hurts her feelings. I don't have an answer to this problem, but I wish all kids could play nicely together (including my frequently obnoxious Dayton).
oh no!! I am sorry. That doesn't sound like Tally. Good luck with everything. I can't believe it already starts in kindergarten. I am homeschooling Emma this year and I am scared to send her next year to public school. I guess we can't protect them forever.
Post a Comment