Svend just started a new rotation. For the next two weeks he has to leave the house at 3:45AM and doesn't get home til around 8PM. He even works Saturdays (and one Sunday). AHHH! Yesterday I sat on the couch from Noon til 8 trying to control my nausea, watching the kids run around, zero clean dishes, piles of everything everywhere, movies on all day...I think Tabitha ate a nutrigrain bar and cheese stick for dinner. Luckly when Svend got home he was prepared for the mayhem (it helped that I was in tears) and ended up making himself some dinner then made extra for the kids dinner tonight.
I've been running/exercising in the mornings since I'm not sick then... after yesterday I decided to forgo that and see if "taking it easy" might help with the "later-in-the-day-sickness"...it didn't. So, I'm still going to exercise--especially if it makes no difference in the end result.
Since Svend's hours have changed, I am THE coach for the next two weeks of soccer...fun. And, I'm THE swim lesson parent for Tabitha and Bergen for the next two weeks. This is not working out. Luckly, I've been blessed to be able to somewhat control my composure and nausea when i'm in the presence of others. I've always been good at that when I'm sick. I think it's an embarrassment thing for me. That's probably why I have to close my eyes when I'm in serious pain...so I can't see people looking at me and I can cry at will (like when giving birth!).
Anyways, that was a glimpse into my downer side. I'm frustrated and tired. But, this is my trial and my family choice. We will get through. The kids are trying hard. We all are. Svend hates that he can't help. He leaves in less than 4 weeks for his month long rotation and I'm really praying that our current situation isn't the "easy" part...though I know it is.
We are grateful for each of our children and the new life soon to join us. Without each of them we'd be heartbroken. We are all trying to be happy and optimistic. We (I) fall a lot but little things are bouying me up.
*today Tabitha was so frustrated b/c she really wanted to wear Bergen's underwear and couldn't get it on. I finally went up to her and put it over her diaper. She beamed. too funny.-spiderman buns!
*Bergen, though he has some new/nice clothes likes to dress himself. i'm happy for the "help" and encourage this freedom...however, he isists on dressing like a popper. yesterday he wore an old shirt inside out and today he's wearing old sweat pants that are total highwaters...I need to remember to hide those when he takes them off tonight! :)
*Tally is finally enjoying to read. She has refused to try for so long...but now with her teacher's help she's enjoying it. I'm enjoying it too!
5 comments:
It does sound so hard! If it is any consolation, my kids watch t.v. for about 6 hours a day when I am in my first trimester!
Keep up the good work and you'll will feel like such a champion when it's all over and you look back at what you did!
I am so sorry you are going through so much and I wish I lived jut a little closer than I am to help you out every single day with your kids. I am always here for you though if you do need someone. I really hope you start feeling better soon. I am thinking about you and will keep you in my prayers
It's unfortunate that you're sick for this pregnancy, and that it's right when Svend is busy and leaving soon. Bergen will just HAVE to come play at our house more often (I know he won't protest).
Oh honey, I feel your pain and I wish we were closer to you guys too! My kids only survived last spring and summer because of prayers (that they wouldn't kill each other until Josh got home!), the TV, and Maddie making lunches and taking care of everything for me. Oh, and YOU!!! You were such a great help to me when you were out here visiting. I wish I could repay the favor now! It will all eventually pass. HUGS!
Aww poor thing :( :( Wish I could babysit for you. I can't imagine being sick with so much going on around you. Feel better!
Post a Comment