Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Real update, with pictures!

Tabitha got tubes in her ears this week, so before she went in, we decided to get in as much water as possible (just in case she couldn't handle it after). We took the kids to the long anticipated aquatic center. Tally went down ALL the adult slides. Unfortunatly while I was waiting to take her picture, Bergen had to pee so as I rushed back all I got was this! Oh well. We're proud of her and her swimming abilities! Bergen finally felt brave enough to try this kid slide. I think the lifeguard had to just pick him up and push him the first time... after that he was running (with everyone yelling "WALK!") back to the slide.
Me and Tabs
Tally before her first soccer practice--WAHOO! And, guess who her coach is??? ME! That's right! it's such a blast. I love it!! We had her first game today and I finally convinced Svend to help be my co-coach. He helped ALOT! I also had Tabs on my hip for about 10min of the game...which is good considering it's 40 min. The moms on the sidelines helped keep her entertained pretty good. I have no clue where Bergen was...other than every time I sent kids in, he tried to run in too :( poor kid! Tally did great. Though she said she prefers practice to games--haha.
As everyone knows we had a fundraiser for Ashton (www.runningforashton.blogspot.com) with a 5k and "party". We raised lots of $$--thanks everyone for you support! BTW, we're still accepting donations :) Here is Tabs with Sleeping Beauty. She wasn't too much a fan of batman and spiderman! yes, I did it...something I SWORE I'd never do...but I got the girls matching dresses! At $5 each, I couldn't pass it up :)-- tabs is wearing one of our scarves we made for Ashtons event
Tally started school yesterday--yes, FRIDAY--WIERD Anyways, here she is in front of her school after meeting her teacher. Very excited to return for school.
This is poor Bergen after Tally got on the bus for her first day. he was so sad that he didn't get to ride too.
And, I think this picture tells us all how her day went
She had a great day! She loves her teacher and already has a "best" friend. She even told me about the mean kids. I asked her if they were mean to her. She said "no, to the teacher" I asked her why and her response was "they were talking when she was talking and didn't listen to instructions." WOW! I think Tally is a pretty good kid :)
This is another picture from our fundraiser for Ashton. This is Ashton with Bergen and his newly shaved had. He became another one of her bald buddies (www.danandnatsessions.blogspot.com). I think they look like twins now --cute!

Here is video of Tabitha REALLY walking. When the dr did her tubes, he said he had to suction quite a lot of fluid out of her left ear because it was packed in pretty good. I think she had vertigo until he took out the fluid. Suddenly she could walk a LOT farther and straiter.

We are all doing good. Well, sort of. I've been pretty sick. It comes in waves--horrible horrible waves. I would rather give birth b/c at least there'd be some relief. I've got a horrible sinus infection but waited until week 3 to get any help... now we're closing on week 4 and I'm on super strong antibiotics, steriods, sudefed, tylenol w/ codeine (tylenol pm does better though), and nasal spray. Nothing is seeming to help, but I'm praying that with my blessing that Svend gave me tonight that it'll all go away soon and I can get back to life. I've been wanting to do a triatholon in 2 weeks, but I haven't been able to do anything this week (b/c I hardly sleep at night)...so that's become less and less a reality--UGH! Hopefully come Monday morning, I can get back to work and get back in the grind.

2 comments:

Michelle M said...

I wish the school bus would take Dayton to preschool for me... driving back and forth, and back and forth uses a lot of time and gas! I think it's cool that you're coaching Tally's soccer team. I hope you feel better soon.

Butler Family said...

Fun to go to the water park and get all the water you can before Tabitha got her tubes put in. And yay for Tally going back to school. How fun for her and you. And Bergen he is such a cutie!! He really does look so sad to see Tally go off to school without him. I can't believe how GREAT Tabitha is walking. Wow time really does fly