Last week my parents flew Tabitha and I out to San Diego to see the most amazing graduation I've ever seen. My brother, Jordan, graduated from Marine Corps Bootcamp! Isn't he handsome? (2nd from the front)-------------look down now!

One of my older brother's, John, was also there. It was so wonderful to be with my parents and 1/2 of my brothers. I love them all so much!

Here is Private First Class Jordan Hopewell with one of his Drill instructors---Boswell. This guy was GREAT! I'm so glad he was with his platoon--a Real Blessing!

Doesn't he look sharp? He also lost 30lbs! Can I sign up???

This is the day before graduation--he was so close. They were so close for about 3 hours before we actually got to touch him! I love how perfect they were and what good youn men they all looked like. You should hear the way they speak! Sadly they'll all fall out of it Im sure...too bad.

These are the famous yellow footprints...when new recruits wonder what the heck the just got into!

Once a marine, always a marine! Here's my dad, revisiting "good " times. He also said to John and me , "you notice they didn't search my car" sinc he was in his marine running suit!
I said this was the most amazing thing I've ever been to for a reason. It is something to watch the men who are fighting to protect us and those we don't know march around and show their loyalty to their country. Here they have sacraficed 3 months of their lives for complete H#$%^ and they still want to continue to sacrafice even more. Watching these young men ages 17-31 really made me realize the reality of those fighting today. Seeing their faces up close and watching their loved ones cheer for them and embrace them just as we did Jordan brought everything close to home.
I love my dad for the sacrafices he made, and I love my brother for the sacrafices he is making.
oooo-rah!
No comments:
Post a Comment