Monday, January 25, 2010

My birthday surprise

I'd post pictures, by my hacking-a-lung-Tabitha just fell asleep on my lap and I am NOT moving for ANYTHING (luckly the laptop was right here on the couch). Svend's car broke down...so that was towed away this morning and I am soooo thankful for people who took my kids to school and will be picking them up just because I called and asked! SO grateful they did that for me. Anyways, back to my birthday...

First, I have to say thanks to my mother-in-law for giving Svend most of the $$ to do this ULTIMATE birthday present! (and for the birthday jingle she left on my voice mail *surprise!

I told him Sunday night that all I wanted for my birthday was the toilets and bathtub cleaned and the laundry to go away! So, that night...he locked himself in the kids bathroom (the grossest one!) and scrubbed away!!!!!!!

Monday, Svend said he had the day planned. When I woke up he said I could go get all ready...so I did (wearing my new smaller pants! and thinking I looked pretty decent)...then he announces we are all going swimming. I knew this was on the agenda but not FIRST, so I was a little annoyed that I'd BLOWN DRY my hair and now we were going swimming. Well, we packed up all the suits and got in the car, drove to the gym...and walked in. Then, I was pushed into the SALON while the kids went to the pool with Svend (tabs to the daycare). WAHOO!!!!! I got a manicure and pedicure! Which I HAVE TO SAY cracks me up b/c ever since Svend's been in podiatry school he's been telling me how horrible those places are b/c they cut cuticles and trim nails for looks rather than health....so funny. Anyways, SOOO NICE! I was a little distracted b/c my lady was Russian and didn't speak much english, so she talked to me the same way my kids do... pantamime with GRUNTS! oh well, it was still worth it. And, even better, it's been 7 days and I HAVEN'T BITTEN MY NAILS!
So then, we went to Lunch.... that was great, except it's still a "learning experience" for Bergen in resteraunts...so but the food was GREAT (and I didn't have to cook or clean it up!)
Then, Svend had to leave to study, but the rest of the day was really good. We didn't get lunch until around 2, so dinner we just picked through the fridge (kids weren't too happy about that one!)
THEN, TUESDAY, at 5:30 he had set up an appointment for me to get a haircut and highlights! WAHOOOOOO!!! AND, he even watched Tabitha -who SCREAMED the entire time I was gone...about 1 1/2 hours! ooops.

the rest of my birthday was filled with voicemails and texts wishing me a happy birthday. -including several sweet versions of the happy birthday song from parents/siblings/ nieces/nephews. Love LOVE LOOOOVVVEEE my Family--but ESPECIALLY my AMAZING HUSBAND SVEND. He is the light and love of my life and eternity. And even without the birthday surprise he'd still be just as great of a husband because he loves me, and that's all the matters.

5 comments:

Butler Family said...

AWESOME Jessica that he can Pamper you like that!! What an amazing birthday you had this year!! I am so glad you had such a wonderful birthday because you totally deserve it:)

Molly Kay said...

Jessica, I love it!!! I'm so glad that you had a nice birthday! Oh yeah- and I'm still up for watching the kiddos while you guys go to the temple, or anything really. Brent leaves again Saturday, so I'll be back to no life Molly again :) So, ask whenever. Take Care!

elisa said...

Sounds like a really nice b-day.
My due date is the end of March. I feel huge tho', my back and tummy hurt constantly.
take care, Elisa

Jeni said...

Happy VERY BELATED birthday from the worst sister-in-law in the world who totally forgot to call you! I'm glad you had a good one and that your awesome husband cleaned that bathroom for you. That sounds like a PERFECT present to me!

Anyway, I hope you know how much we love you and I promise to send your guys' presents. . . someday. I swear homeschooling has completely FRIED my brain!

Marilyn said...

Sorry this is late but Happy Birthday! I am glad that you have such a sweet husband who tried so hard to help you feel pampered! We all need a little of that sometimes! That is great that you got to get out-good for you! ;)