Monday, February 1, 2010

a moment to brag

I often have talks with Tally about appropriate ways to treat other adults. We always talk about respect and listeing to teachers and anyone who is in charge ... we have this talk especially if she's been rude to me or if we see another child being rude to another adult. Anyways, yesterday after church I recieved this e-mail from her teacher (to me and another child's mom):


I wanted to let you both know that your children were ANGELS in class today. I had 3 other kids who were very rowdy and did not listen to a single thing I said to them, so I let them play and moved my attention to your kids who sat perfectly at the table while we ate snack and did the lesson. I told them over and over how much I appreciated the good choices they were making to be reverent and listen to me; it worked great because our lesson was I Can Make Good Choices. Tally pointed out that the other kids were making bad choices- too funny! I promised both of your kids a special treat next week for being such good examples (I hope that's okay).

I'm so glad your kids are in my class- for their sweetness and for my sanity!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It's always nice to have someone else tell you that your kids are good. It helps you know that they are listening to what you are teaching them. Way to go!

Butler Family said...

that is to sweet!!