Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wow!

In this post: Halloween, Tabitha's blessing, Car wreck.

Few stats: Tabitha has grown 4 inches in her 5 weeks! And 2 lbs... in the 98% for hieght!!
Svend got all of his clerkships placed...so in the next year he'll be in Ohio, Temple Texas, Iowa, WI, Chicago, Denver, and one more to fill...So anyone who wants to visit, I'll give you the times he'll be gone and you can HEAD ON OVER!!!! :)

Tally wanted to be a "Pirate Princess" for Halloween and we seriously have NO clue where she got the idea from... Anyways, my aunt sent us the vest/belt thing and we got creative from there. She also got her face painted earlier in the day at a little carnival we went to with the family (grandparents--both sets, and a few cousins from Ohio). After her school dressup party she thought she would be sleeping beauty (b/c it's just normal for little girls to be princesses I guess), but then she finally decided it was okay to be what she really wanted to be and we think she was pretty cute! She had a blast running from house to house!

Bergen has been wearing his costume (thanks wendy!) since Tabitha was born. He wears it to the store...riding his bike...and just around the house...so it was great to actually wear it on Halloween too. Here he is with his "monster hands" He loved "halloweening" and keeps asking if we can do some more :) He got more candy than any of his cousins b/c he kept putting his had the bag as long as the person handing it out kept it in front of him... :0 smart kid!

Freaky with the red eyes but she sure is a cute little pumpkin!


We had both sets of Grandparents here this past weekend and Svend's sister Siri (b/c she's like 6 hours away) for Tabitha's blessing. Here's our little angel who was quiet through the entire thing (and it was long) and then screamed about 5min after it was done. :) Only to be asleep for most of the pictures! She wore EXACTLY what Tally wore (even the same kind of binkie!). Anyways, what a cutie!



Here's my dad before the blessing. He is really the first one who got her to actually look at someone talking to them.
Bergen is such a SWEET big brother. He tells me "stop hitting her!" when I 'm BURPING her, and he always comes and rubs her head when I'm holding her or when she's lying on the floor. He loves her so much and really is going to be a little protector--IF we can get him to actually stop and realize where she is in relation to his flying arms/legs! :)

And Tally is OF COURSE A wonderful big sister! she loves Tabitha so much and just wants her to be happy (or maybe just quiet :)
And now, after everyone's gone home (we miss you all!) we have started our routines again...everything was sooo peaceful today....until I got the phone call on my way to drop the kids at preschool.... Svend was hit by an F250 with tow hooks that basically ripped Svend's car. He had a friend with him and it hit on that side. Everyone's fine but the car is well... not totalled--it's drivable...but the cost to repair it will maybe not be worth it...so we'll see. Luckly we have WONDERFUL insurance and the guy who hit Svend has insurance and so it should all work out. Svend's been wanting a new car... :)

Now on with life... what adventures await???? I've been struggling with the kid's listening/helping skills...so now we have two bags--- 1. I CHOSE to be a helper and 2. I CHOSE to be Naughty... so if they do what I ask in the amount of time I give them, they get to choose a "goodie" (fruit snacks, candy, money, little toy)...but if they are naughty, then they have to put one of their good toys (tally tried to put a baby toy in) in the naughty bag...then the next time they are good/helper/listener they can either get a treat or get their toy back... day 2 and it's working for now :)



























5 comments:

Butler Family said...

So nice to see an update!! You really have a beautiful family. How awesome that your parents and Svend's parents could be there for her blessing!!! Sounds like life is going really well for you guys and I am so happy to hear it!! The car looks really bad!! I am glad no one got hurt and I hope that you guys get a new car out of it!! It looks really bad!!!

The Sabatini Family said...

I didn't expect the car to look that bad! Holy cow, that could have been really serious. I'm glad they were both okay. Your kids are so cute! :)

The Clews Crew said...

All your kids look so cute in their costumes! Tabitha is such cutie. And that car looks awful. I'm glad everyone was okay because it looks really bad. Hope you guys are doing great!

Rachel said...

The kids look so cute all dressed up! Tabitha looked beautiful in her blessing dress! That's too bad about your car. :( I'm glad no one was hurt.

Josh and Krystal said...

Wow. That is a lot packed into one post! The halloween costumes look great. Tabitha looks so much like Tally did when she was a baby. Crazy! Too bad about the car. Yikes. I am so relieved that your kids weren't in it! Hope you guys are doing well.