Sunday, November 22, 2009

Our life this month


I can't believe November is almost over! Tabitha will be 8 weeks old tomorrow, and as I listen to her screaming in her bed... I wonder, WHAT WERE WE THINKING?!?!? Just kidding. She's been great. But we're starting the screaming at night thing early--it's too taxing on me to wait til 4 months like we did with the other kids. She has been a lot of fun and has a lot of smiles to give--her whole face lights up! Tally is starting to try to play with her and likes her as long as she's not screaming. Bergen loves as long as I'm not holding her... :)


Bergen's health issues are getting a little taxing...and honestly annoying. He's totally healthy, just is going to be having lots of surgeries in his life apparently. I took him to the ENT last week to get his hearing checked b/c of his unclear (to me) speech. His hearing is fine, but when I asked the Dr. to check out his throat b/c he's always been a bit of a "choker" and seems to chew his food to a pulp before eating it, the dr. exclaimed "here's your problem! His tonsils are huge!" So, those will be coming out next month, along with his adnoids... yay! ERG! Then, we're headed to the neuro this week to see when his head will be taken care of...like in month, year, or 10 years??? Who knows... and last, this kid has the WORST bloody noses!

Cute story though: This morning I woke up as he was coming in and out of my bathroom with wads of paper towels. I nudged Svend and told him to watch. Then, Bergen turned to face me, and his face was covered in blood. I nudged Svend harder and told him to put the kid in the bath. Bergen ran in his room, where he'd been working so hard to "clean up his bloody bed" and said he couldn't take a bath until his bed was clean. Sweet kid. Anyways, this is not a rare occasion... we do lots of laundry for the kid!

Bergen's also been in a pre-preschool 2xs a week and loves it-mostly. I asked his teacher last week how he was in the class and she said he was good but just couldn't find anything he really wanted to do-he was "bored" in there. She then asked when he turned 3...when I told her it wasn't until January, she said "oh, too bad you can't put him in the 3 year old class!" I don't know if she just wants to get rid of him or if that means he needs more stimulation than what the 2year old class is giving. I'll just take it as my son is a genious and needs more stimulation! hehe.


Tally is doing really good. She's struggling a bit with all the change that's happened. She's also struggling with the fact that we are so far away from other family. She's finally "getting" it that plane tickets cost money and so we can't see family often enough for her liking. But, she has told me several times she either wants to live in Ohio by aunt Siri, or in Texas with Cash. So, I'm happy about that--of course, since I'm SICK of the cold, I'm voting Texas (sorry Siri!). She's also started getting an allowance. I'm hoping this will teach her some responsibility. She's been turning a super deaf ear on me and it's getting a bit frustrating. We got her preschool assessment and a few things about Tally that the teachers commented on were that she gets silly with the toys and throws them sometimes (hmmm.... 4year old??), she doesn't raise her hand all the time and loses patience.... and she is a leader to her classmates and they will follow whatever she does (good and bad I guess... :) But, they also talked about how "knowledgable" she is and how she gets things done first and then "helps" everyone else (whether they want it or not :)

making snake bubbles


Bergen has been OBSESSED with the gingerbread man story...so we checked it out, I read it to Tally once and now she "reads" it to Bergen about 10 times a day...so I bought some mix (I'm not that domestic!) and made some gingerbread men...they thought they were gross. I ate too many :)


Svend's school had a FREE night of iceskating and pizza...so we went along! WAHOO!! Bergen...not so good. But MAN IS HE FAST WHEN RUNNING ON THOSE THINGS! SHEESH!!! Tally got it down! She had help about the first 2-3 times around the rink and then went another 5-6 by herself with Svend tagging along...
Thanks Kira for watching Tabitha on the sidelines! Sorry I didn't even realize you'd been stuck with her. That's another thing I've noticed this month... my "mom brain" is HORRIBLE! Holy cow, I'm a ditz, I forget full conversations, I freak out at the smallest things, I'm oblivious half the time to my surroundings... I think new moms should maybe need a liscence or something! It's really bad sometimes. Svend just thinks I'm crazy.


Anyways, things are overall really good. We've had a lot to stress about but we have a lot more to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

8 weeks isn't too early to start the screamfest. It is about right on time, I am impressed you let the other 2 go to 4 months.

Of course Bergen needs the stimulation of the 3 year old class, heck his dad is practically a podiatrist so obviously he inherited super smart genes. I think he would enjoy the energy level of 3 year old peers too.


Tally's greatest (IMO) talent is her eye for seeing who needs help and helping. She has patience in helping. It is VERY impressive. I think it is funny that she helps "whether they want it or not."

Mommy brain is awesome.

Jeni said...

Yea, boo to Mommy Brain. It sucks! Mine got 10 times worse with #3 too. That one was a doozy! It was a hard adjustment for everyone else too. Don't worry though, soon everyone will get the hang of things and you might get a little of your brain back too. :)

Poor Bergen! Hope the surgery goes well and that he won't need any more for a while. Tally sounds like the typical first born (bossy!) kid. She's a good one, and in a couple of years you won't know what you ever did without her. I don't know how I'd get through some days without Maddie!

Sorry for this novel of a comment. Love you guys and hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!