Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wanna know a secret???

I love Svend!!!!
I can't believe nearly 2 years ago we left our little bubble of Rexburg and came here to the windy city (although, I'd have to say it's more like the "floody" city where we live). Today Svend takes his podiatry boards--a comprehensive test over the first 2 years of podiatry school. The kids and I couldn't be prouder of him. He has studied so much and worked so hard to prepare for this test. It's not easy being a student that is married AND has 2 kids AND has a pregnant wife. He has been in classes all day only to be followed by hours of studying, had sleepless nights, forgotten meals, helped with kids that wake up with fevers and covered in puke--thus loosing even more sleep, etc. In addition we've had our "scare" with Bergen, my pregnancy, and a drama queen 4 year old :) I love him so much and am so proud of him. We know we were led to this area for a purpose and know the Lord will bless him not only on this test, but throughout the rest of his 2 years here and then onto residency. Svend is a wonderful Dad to the kids. I watched him the other night as we were at the grocery store and they were both sitting in the basket up front...he had his head between theirs and was rubbing their backs. I love watching his tenderness with the kids.
(pic. taken 2 years ago)

He has really been working hard on getting Bergen to go to him more and it's working. The "mama's boy" is learning that daddy can be super fun and do way more than mommy can.
(pic. taken a year ago)
He's okay with the kids changing his looks :) I love Svend, he is my eternity and I'm so grateful I'm here with him. Good luck hunny, you'll do WONDERFUL!!!!!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

What a sweet post Jessie! Good luck Svend!