Wednesday, July 8, 2009

moved in...sortof

Well, we atleast got all of our stuff over to the new house and the old apartment cleared and cleaned. The move went pretty good--we had about 8 guys in the beginning and that dwindled to 3 but it was all over by about noon...so that was good! I thought I'd be great and get things cleaned at the new house and start directing boxes while the men were unloading but unfortunately, I was severly delayed by contractions and cramps. So....I did as much as I could and then Saturday night and Sunday morning I paid for it severly with lots of cramps and swollen limbs... oops. Anyways, the house is good but a big change--good and bad. It's huge--I lose track of everyone VERY quickly! I think my prego-nose has also picked up too much of the "bad" smells too...so I'm glad to be leaving for 3 weeks while Svend lives in it and airs the place out :) it hasn't been lived in for about a year...so it's expected. They finished the basement and it looks great but still has a "creepy" part where all the utility stuff is including the washer and dryer---so bugs and spiders--yuck! However, we do love it and our land lords are GREAT!

We met our neighbors Saturday ---they each have 2 young kids around our kid's ages! PERFECT!! They had us over for a 4th bbq--YUMMM!!! Though, I'm NOT sure WHAT was in the marinade---they were all a little drunk...it's best to NOT ask questions...HAHAHA.
The nieghborhood is WONDERFUL and sooo safe feeling--which is good since Svend will be gone for a total of 7 months between the next 2 years!

Pics to come...next month...after my trip and after we've had a chance to unpack. We are still living completely out of boxes. The kids and I leave tomorrow morning SUPER early with my mom and Svend will join us August 1st. WE'll all miss him lots--especially since we haven't seen him hardly for the past 2 months already...but when I get back I only have about 6 weeks til the baby comes and school will start for the kids and everything will be absolutely CRAZY again!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Glad the move went well! Have a safe trip. We can't wait to see you guys!!!