Monday, May 18, 2009

how to die...

A few weeks ago Tally asked what "that" was on the side of the road and pointed to a cemetary... GREAT! So I said umm... well.... it's where we go when we die.



Tally:I don't want to go there

Me: well, WE don't go there, just our bodies, our spirit goes to live with Heavenly Father

Tally: but I LOVE my body (really concerned about this one...oops)

Me: you'll be with it again. When Jesus comes.

and so on... EVERY TIME WE PASS it! (which is MINIMUM 3 times a week)



Tally told me today as we passed that her bodie will NOT be in the hole in the cemetary (yes, we've made it to digging holes and the point of grave stones too). She said she won't die. I responded with, Good, you'll get to see Jesus first.



Then, the conversation turned to HOW we die.
I thought this would be a good time to re-iterate a few things we just don't do... like:
  • walking in the middle of the road when cars are coming
  • letting mommy pay attention to driving so we don't get in an accident
  • don't do dangerous things at the playground without asking mommy first
  • don't go with strangers...
  • etc you get the point.

Tally wanted to join in... so here were a few of her ideas on how to die:
jump off a roof

climb on a branch of a tree and hop on one foot


sit on top of the car when it goes really super fast

Glad she thought of those on her own so I didn't have bring them up ! Anyways, oh the conversations we get in to with kids!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

hahahah that's hilarious. love those questions!

Brandon and Emily said...

Tally is a very smart girl! I love her suggestions.

Butler Family said...

Tally is such a smart kid!! That is too cute that she is so curious!!

Emily said...

haha that was funny - I love kids' perspectives.

J D C and N said...

wow. She is a character!