Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring Break

Tally has had the entire week off of school, and WOW, what a difference it makes in our lives! Everything has slowed down dramatically and it's been fun to re-energize with the kids. Of course, due to weather, we've still be stuck inside mostly...so it's been a creative week.

Also, the only reason I'm finally able to post is because the kids are watching TV... we got our converter box coupon the other day and went and got one. The kids are AMAZED at TV... we haven't had it for over 2 years... of course, Tally keeps asking me to "pause" things when she's busy--oh boy!

Svend built this airplane as his spring break project a month ago...he gave it to the kids--crazy! it lasted about 2 days in their hands!We had an "animal day" and took the kids to petsmart and the mall (rainforest cafe--not to eat, just to check out the giant "animals")

Random--Tally planted grass in school, and here's what we have. I had to cut off about 4 inches the other day. I guess we'll keep it until it dies.
Sunday we woke up to a WONDERFUL (ERG!!!!) Snowstorm... But after church, the kids and I played in it. Tally's quite the snow angel maker!

it was even wet enough to make a snowman. We took a "field trip" to a farm about 45 min south. It was windy and chilly, but the kids LOVED it! Thankfully it had a few indoor things.

The kids LOVED the real animals! --Cows, ducks, chickens, horses, and pigs.

I just couldn't resist this picture. -it's an outhouse!
And of course they had things to climb on!
This week we've also been apartment hunting. We don't know if we'll move, and we still have about 3 months before we have to decide, but with the baby coming, a 2+ bedroom would be ideal... of course, we know we can deal with what we're living in now--but as the winters continue to come, more space would be MUCH appreciated! Unfortunatly we don't live in the cheapest of areas, so it'll be interesting to see what we do.
And last... Bergen being a boy!




6 comments:

Wendi said...

Looks like it was a fun week! I wanted to ask you what you thought of the Farm. Is it something you'd do again? This past week didn't work, but I want to take our girls there sometime.

Jeni said...

That looks like a very cool field trip! Tally's angel was pretty awesome, but I guess that's because she IS an angel, right? heehee

The Clews Crew said...

Looks like a fun week! It's always nice to have a change of pace.

Butler Family said...

Looks like you had a fun week!!! I wish we could have been here for the snow. I have been wanting it for a couple of months and then we leave and we get a TON of it!!!! lol But looks like you guys ahd a blast

elisa said...

Can't wait for you to live out here! We will have to go on field trips! Especially if we are still homeschooling!

J D C and N said...

Fun fun! Man, we are boring around here...