6 years and counting! Boy, a lot can happen in just 6 years!! My favorite part about Anniversaries is that we don't go out to dinner any more--I stopped that one 3 years ago. I HATE spending $$ on a meal when we can use it to do something fun! Anyways, so last night, Svend grilled steaks and veggies outside in the rain storm! It was so wonderful eating dinner with him while watching Blue's Clues and having NAKED Bergen jump around on the couch! Wow how life changes! :) Anyways, no big things this year-just enjoying eachother.
I thought of the Richer or Poorer thing because every now and then I catch Oprah at the gym (I am no longer a fan of her controversial shows) and one caught my eye. It was a man and a woman getting a divorce because the husband got laid off from work--SeRiOuSlY how RETARDED is that?!?!?! Apparently they must have gotten married when he was well established and making tons of $$ so she felt like they'd never be poor and took the vows without thinking of the "negative" side of them. A lot of people think we're crazy getting married so young, while still in college and then have kids while we're still "poor" waiting to finish a degree. I'm glad we get to live out the "poorer" part first. It's hard, but it's easier to start at the bottom and climb to the top. Also, living as we do has taught me a lot about wants vs. needs. Needs are most important and wants are well.. WANTS. If you HAVE the $$ then go for it...if not, wait. Then if in the future, somethings happens and our "richer" comes crashing down, at least we have the foundation already set. Soapbox over.
I'm grateful to be married to the most wonderful husband for me on earth. I'm grateful for the family we have built and continue to nurture together. I'm looking forward FOREVER with the love of my eternity, Svend. 

5 comments:
Congrats on 6 years! Isn't it funny how fast things change. Ditto to the richer or poorer soapbox.
Just darling! It sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary! CONGRATS on 6 years! You are a beautiful bride and a fantastic mom! :) See you in a few days!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Hope you guys have an awesome day! !It is funny how life changes so much in what feels like such a short amount of time!! You have a beautiful family and two wonderful kids to be thankful for!! What else could be better than that!! I have to also say Ditto to the Richer or poorer soapbox.
Happy Anniversary!
Congrats! I was thinking about you guys on Sunday. Your anniversary is easy to remember because it's my parents' anniversary too and my BIL's birthday. FUN day! I can't believe it's only been 6 years - it seems like longer than that to me. I don't know why, but it does.
Love you guys and I'm glad you had a good anniversary!
Post a Comment