:( Sadly, I really disagree with your sister in law's attitude. No matter who you were for in this election...it's time to unite and be ONE. My mother in law (who was STRONGLY for McCain) said it best the other day: "Once a man (or woman) is elected as the President of the United states, he is our leader and deserves utmost respect. We may not agree with everything he does, but always support and respect him. That is American."
Also, in the comments of that post, that Garrit said some great things, including this: "So keep your chin up. The Lord will not leave this country on its own while there are those who still wish to uphold it. I believe that both candidates truly wanted what was best for their country from their perspective. I think that both had great potential and separate strengths. We will see how this all shakes out in the next four years."
So I think people are just brain washed by Obama. He KNOWS how to speak to people and get the people to listen. I AGRE 180% with your sister in law. In fact I agree with it so much I was going to write a blog post about almost everything she said in there as well. So she got to it first and now I just get to comment how I feel! So thank you very much for sharing that. You always post things about what she says and stuff so what do you think about all of this? I posted a small thing about the election on my blog as well the day after the election.
I know as of Jan 20th or whenever it is that he is actually president that he will be Tim;s Commander of Chief or whatever and we need to respect him but he is willing to do alot of things to the military and things that could hurt us in the near future. How in the world can I support someone like that!!! I just can't and I probably never will. I just hope he does something so BAD that people finally realize what they did to our country. But I am not sure if that will ever happen either. So I will have to say I would definently DISAGREE with Aimee. Hope she doesn't get offended but like she said it is just MY thoughts about this whole situation!
Not offended at all over here :) We all have our own thoughts and they are all 100% correct!
quoting my friend (I like to quote people ha ha): "When we're both standing in the bread lines and I have to ask to borrow your pliers to pull my own teeth out, then you can say "I told you so!""
I'm guessing she's not on food stamps or else that would be like biting the hand that literally feeds you. Rather than lose faith in our country, or heaven forbid hope for the death or dissolve of a wonderful country, let's use this as a chance to teach others our beliefs through example. A. of F. #12
Amen Lynn. Why would you WANT to tell me "I told you so"? No matter who you voted for, now is the time to pull together and become ONE. Whether you like it or not, in two months, Obama will become President Obama.
I listen to his inspiring speeches and my heart swells with pride for his country. Some people say they are just words, but so what? Wasn't it just words that made up the speech Abraham Lincoln gave? Let the words inspire you to be the best you can be. If Obama does a quarter of the things he's promised, this country will be far, far better.
Trust me, coming from someone who's husband was laid off earlier this year, and we had to struggle all summer on unemployment...we need a better America. I came from a rich, spoiled family and it was the best thing for me to struggle this summer. Because now I truly have a better attitude about life and this country.
Seeing as how my sis-in-law has sparked some comments here, I wasn't going to comment... but here's what you should all know--what I feel --- Government aid is a wonderful blessing. Without it, I'd have to work and put my kids in day care. Svend would not be able to go to school and he'd be in a career he hated. We are truly blessed. However with that said, the liberals love to continue spreading that money around. I know we'll only be on welfare for 3 more years-max, and then we'll be paying it back for the rest of our lives so others can have the same blessings we recieved. However, those who sit and soak the system--the "lifers" are the ones who are ruining what the liberals are so willing to give. This is where the need for conservatism comes in. There needs to be a better balance. All of those who wanted change-- the dems have been in charge for a long time-- and they will continue to be in charge--I don't see much change there. Plus, Obama is looking to overturn stemcell research--yea, now all those who want abortions have an even better excuse to get one. Forget that we can get stem cells from umbilical chords and not kill the baby in the process! Kids can get abortions easier than getting an aspirin from a school nurse...hmmm? As we must all remember, had McCain won, we'd be getting the same comments (though opposite) from other sides. And yes, finally, Obama is our new president and we should all support him (JUST AS WE SHOULD SUPPORT BUSH WHILE HE'S STILL IN OFFICE) and we'll treat him as our commander in chief--but that doesn't mean we have to agree with him. But we DO have to support him!
To all, if you would like some further explanation of why I feel the way I do, go check out my most recent post. Please don't be so quick to judge as I was. And Jessica, bravo on your comments. It's not always a simple yes or no reason for why we feel the way we do, as is the case for me as well.
And Aimee, I do have to ask you, have you heavily weighted the consequences of what Obama wants for this nation, of which if he "does a quarter of the things he's promised, this country will be far, far better" from ALL sides? I don't think the reasoning behind his proposals (such as better quality health care for all) are bad but his proposed methods lack much if you look at the current government assistance available and what he wants to do with it.
I love this nation too with all heart, but by all means I don't have to agree that there is only one way of doing things, or that our current President-Elect Obama's proposed changes will truly be that much better. I hope for the best and I will most assuredly support him as our president but I don't have to agree that his proposals for change are ideal.
I disagree with your SIL. I think it is kind of funny that people seem to think that socialism is totally out of the question. There is no set economic structure for our nation. If the majority should want a socialist government, then it will happen, and that is what our country is about!
SERIOUSLY some people are making the HUGEST deal out of what happened November 4th. It is done and we can't undo what has already happened (UNFORTUNATELY. But other people are just going way too far with this Obama thing. Yeah he can say ALOT of things that people want to hear but realistically he already has a committe for when he gets into office saying he WON'T be able to do the things that he has promised. He has said that he was saying them to get people to vte for him and boy was he right on that one. But what a jerk to tell people he isn't going to give them what they want. And about the whole welfare thing I think it is sooo STUPID and it just frustrates me that people even use it!! Come on can anyone fend for themselves??? We don't have it and and never have and yeah we aren't doing well at times but we make it through, those other people seriously use it for other purposes to just say well oh we NEED it. Well you know I NEEEED ALOT of things sometimes and so does everyone else and do WE GET WHAT WE WANT?? No you have to WORK for what you want!! I think people should just get a life and should just realize that this country is going down and if you don't want to except that then just know that it is coming!!!
Look, I am not here to defend WHY I voted for Obama, or why I support him. I've done my research on all topics, as I am sure you have yours. Go ahead and take it as a win for you that I am giving up arguing about that. My guy won, and quite frankly, I am tired of this whole argument. Obama won, end of story.
All I was trying trying to say, is that we need an attitude check. Sure, if Obama had lost, I would have been sour about if for a while, but then I would move on and accept what the majority of our nation asked for. To have some one tell me "I hope I can tell you I told you so" is kinda scary! You WANT our country to fail? Just so what? You can say you are right? This is my last post on here, because it's like talking to the wall...and because you are set in your ways, as am I. Sometimes, it's just better to give in, and let the others fight amongst themselves.
As a country, have we really sunk so low, that to have a little hope means you are "drinking the kool-aid" or brainwashed? Heaven forbid that we look towards some who inspires us.
I feel impressed to say that we all probably agree more than disagree in desiring the same things: like the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness. Aimee I admire your optimistic excitement! And Butler family, I can understand your fear. Perhaps it is our method of achieving the above mentioned desires that differs? I really gotta hand it to our elected officials who've got to deal with these arguments every day.
14 comments:
:( Sadly, I really disagree with your sister in law's attitude. No matter who you were for in this election...it's time to unite and be ONE. My mother in law (who was STRONGLY for McCain) said it best the other day:
"Once a man (or woman) is elected as the President of the United states, he is our leader and deserves utmost respect. We may not agree with everything he does, but always support and respect him. That is American."
Also, in the comments of that post, that Garrit said some great things, including this: "So keep your chin up. The Lord will not leave this country on its own while there are those who still wish to uphold it. I believe that both candidates truly wanted what was best for their country from their perspective. I think that both had great potential and separate strengths. We will see how this all shakes out in the next four years."
Anyway...just my thoughts! Love ya to death girl!
So I think people are just brain washed by Obama. He KNOWS how to speak to people and get the people to listen. I AGRE 180% with your sister in law. In fact I agree with it so much I was going to write a blog post about almost everything she said in there as well. So she got to it first and now I just get to comment how I feel! So thank you very much for sharing that. You always post things about what she says and stuff so what do you think about all of this? I posted a small thing about the election on my blog as well the day after the election.
I know as of Jan 20th or whenever it is that he is actually president that he will be Tim;s Commander of Chief or whatever and we need to respect him but he is willing to do alot of things to the military and things that could hurt us in the near future. How in the world can I support someone like that!!! I just can't and I probably never will. I just hope he does something so BAD that people finally realize what they did to our country. But I am not sure if that will ever happen either. So I will have to say I would definently DISAGREE with Aimee. Hope she doesn't get offended but like she said it is just MY thoughts about this whole situation!
Not offended at all over here :) We all have our own thoughts and they are all 100% correct!
quoting my friend (I like to quote people ha ha): "When we're both standing in the bread lines and I have to ask to borrow your pliers to pull my own teeth out, then you can say "I told you so!""
Ha Ha. Anyway...have a great day!
hah!! Glad I didn't offend you. I don't like to do that to people!! But I really hope I can say I told you So someday
I'm guessing she's not on food stamps or else that would be like biting the hand that literally feeds you. Rather than lose faith in our country, or heaven forbid hope for the death or dissolve of a wonderful country, let's use this as a chance to teach others our beliefs through example. A. of F. #12
Amen Lynn. Why would you WANT to tell me "I told you so"? No matter who you voted for, now is the time to pull together and become ONE. Whether you like it or not, in two months, Obama will become President Obama.
I listen to his inspiring speeches and my heart swells with pride for his country. Some people say they are just words, but so what? Wasn't it just words that made up the speech Abraham Lincoln gave? Let the words inspire you to be the best you can be. If Obama does a quarter of the things he's promised, this country will be far, far better.
Trust me, coming from someone who's husband was laid off earlier this year, and we had to struggle all summer on unemployment...we need a better America. I came from a rich, spoiled family and it was the best thing for me to struggle this summer. Because now I truly have a better attitude about life and this country.
Seeing as how my sis-in-law has sparked some comments here, I wasn't going to comment... but here's what you should all know--what I feel ---
Government aid is a wonderful blessing. Without it, I'd have to work and put my kids in day care. Svend would not be able to go to school and he'd be in a career he hated. We are truly blessed. However with that said, the liberals love to continue spreading that money around. I know we'll only be on welfare for 3 more years-max, and then we'll be paying it back for the rest of our lives so others can have the same blessings we recieved. However, those who sit and soak the system--the "lifers" are the ones who are ruining what the liberals are so willing to give. This is where the need for conservatism comes in. There needs to be a better balance. All of those who wanted change-- the dems have been in charge for a long time-- and they will continue to be in charge--I don't see much change there. Plus, Obama is looking to overturn stemcell research--yea, now all those who want abortions have an even better excuse to get one. Forget that we can get stem cells from umbilical chords and not kill the baby in the process! Kids can get abortions easier than getting an aspirin from a school nurse...hmmm?
As we must all remember, had McCain won, we'd be getting the same comments (though opposite) from other sides.
And yes, finally, Obama is our new president and we should all support him (JUST AS WE SHOULD SUPPORT BUSH WHILE HE'S STILL IN OFFICE) and we'll treat him as our commander in chief--but that doesn't mean we have to agree with him. But we DO have to support him!
To all, if you would like some further explanation of why I feel the way I do, go check out my most recent post. Please don't be so quick to judge as I was. And Jessica, bravo on your comments. It's not always a simple yes or no reason for why we feel the way we do, as is the case for me as well.
And Aimee, I do have to ask you, have you heavily weighted the consequences of what Obama wants for this nation, of which if he "does a quarter of the things he's promised, this country will be far, far better" from ALL sides? I don't think the reasoning behind his proposals (such as better quality health care for all) are bad but his proposed methods lack much if you look at the current government assistance available and what he wants to do with it.
I love this nation too with all heart, but by all means I don't have to agree that there is only one way of doing things, or that our current President-Elect Obama's proposed changes will truly be that much better. I hope for the best and I will most assuredly support him as our president but I don't have to agree that his proposals for change are ideal.
I disagree with your SIL.
I think it is kind of funny that people seem to think that socialism is totally out of the question. There is no set economic structure for our nation. If the majority should want a socialist government, then it will happen, and that is what our country is about!
SERIOUSLY some people are making the HUGEST deal out of what happened November 4th. It is done and we can't undo what has already happened (UNFORTUNATELY. But other people are just going way too far with this Obama thing. Yeah he can say ALOT of things that people want to hear but realistically he already has a committe for when he gets into office saying he WON'T be able to do the things that he has promised. He has said that he was saying them to get people to vte for him and boy was he right on that one. But what a jerk to tell people he isn't going to give them what they want. And about the whole welfare thing I think it is sooo STUPID and it just frustrates me that people even use it!! Come on can anyone fend for themselves??? We don't have it and and never have and yeah we aren't doing well at times but we make it through, those other people seriously use it for other purposes to just say well oh we NEED it. Well you know I NEEEED ALOT of things sometimes and so does everyone else and do WE GET WHAT WE WANT?? No you have to WORK for what you want!! I think people should just get a life and should just realize that this country is going down and if you don't want to except that then just know that it is coming!!!
Look, I am not here to defend WHY I voted for Obama, or why I support him. I've done my research on all topics, as I am sure you have yours. Go ahead and take it as a win for you that I am giving up arguing about that. My guy won, and quite frankly, I am tired of this whole argument. Obama won, end of story.
All I was trying trying to say, is that we need an attitude check. Sure, if Obama had lost, I would have been sour about if for a while, but then I would move on and accept what the majority of our nation asked for. To have some one tell me "I hope I can tell you I told you so" is kinda scary! You WANT our country to fail? Just so what? You can say you are right? This is my last post on here, because it's like talking to the wall...and because you are set in your ways, as am I. Sometimes, it's just better to give in, and let the others fight amongst themselves.
As a country, have we really sunk so low, that to have a little hope means you are "drinking the kool-aid" or brainwashed? Heaven forbid that we look towards some who inspires us.
Well atleast he inspires you but he sure as heck doesn't inspire me nor do I think he ever will.
I feel impressed to say that we all probably agree more than disagree in desiring the same things: like the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness. Aimee I admire your optimistic excitement! And Butler family, I can understand your fear. Perhaps it is our method of achieving the above mentioned desires that differs? I really gotta hand it to our elected officials who've got to deal with these arguments every day.
well said Diane.
Post a Comment