Monday, September 1, 2008

Want to Throw Up?

click here to read about Obama and his view on partial birth abortion. I officially am ashamed to be called an Illinoisian. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck! Death row inmates have it better than these helpless and pure newborns! How could a father EVER approve something like this? Makes me sick! here's another website that will make you cringe. Try ADOPTION For goodness sake!

7 comments:

Aimee said...

Hey Jess! As with all great debates, I am a firm believer in hearing both sides. So, I just thought I'd throw my opinion on here...lol.

My problem with this whole debate, is that it sounds tons like the situation up in Heaven. "I want to force the people to make the right decisions" vs "free agency". Now, while I am 100% AGAINST abortion myself, I am also 100% FOR free agency. If a willing woman and a willing doctor preform an abortion...then let Heavenly Father deal with them. Now, I get that you are talking about the dirty rumors about partial birth abortions. As some one who works in the medical field...these women would have to be doing this procedure in an alley or a VERY low budget clinic for them to just leave the babies in another room to die. Again, although I am AGAINST this procedure, it is usually preformed because it poses a risk to the woman's health and is not allowed to be done in regular abortion clinics.

Anyways, this is your blog, so I'll shut up. Just, please don't fall for every rumor you hear. Both of those websites you linked to are smear ads...even though the 2nd claims not to be. try www.snopes.com. they are world known for finding out the truth to ANY rumor...whether it is for or against who you are voting for. Here is the link for the Obama rumors...some are favorable, some are not (as with any candidate) http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/blackwell.asp

Anyway, I hope I didn't say anything offensive, I just thought I'd throw out another side to the story!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

offensive! Are you kidding! I love election time! Thanks for the opinion.
My BIG problem with THIS type of abortion is that they actually DELIVER the baby and then let it die. Atleast they euthenize criminals...

Aimee said...

Thanks for being so accepting of my comment! I was worried about leaving it, but I am loving this election time too...for the debates AND that is actually shows me that people care about this country we live in...whether I agree with their opinions or not.

Anyway, yeah, I totally see what you are saying about the partial birth situation. I was adopted, my sister was adopted, and I have two of the most amazing little nephews who were adopted, so obviously that is what I prefer. I just think that there are good and bad things on both sides of this campaign.

Did you hear today that Palin announced her 17 year old is pregnant...and that she is marrying the father? Hello...Jamie Lyn Spears part two. Anyway, LOVE YA JESS!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

I DID hear about that! I thought... CRAZY! But I guess it's the candadate and not the family we need to look at...however, it tells me also that working moms rarely "work". I'm glad they are having the baby and getting married...though they probably won't stay married (maybe...but we'll see). Anyways, oh the great debate. Just so you know, I'm still looking at every issue--this one just disturbs me most!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

oh aimee--ps...my daughter (and I) LOVE the jibjabs campaign video! She begs to watch it! It's hilarious~!

Aimee said...

hahaha...good old jib jab! i love them too.

do you remember being in the dorms our first presidential election...and being SO excited that Bush won? Our dorm mom was banging pots in the middle of the courtyard when they announced it. lol. Back then, I would have never believed that i would be supporting a democrat 8 years later!

it is hard living in Utah and deciding that. i have no problems if my state picked the republican because they actually read the true facts and decided that. but the truth is that they just go into the voting booth and pick the big old R with out even thinking. now THAT bothers me.

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

I DO remember that! Crazy times!!

I completely GET it--when you just vote because that's what everyone else is doing. Frustrating! But...well, atleast they go to the polls right? :)