Thursday, August 28, 2008

Keep it Simple Smart

okay, so lately I've been all about simplifying! did I spell that right? I'm not going to go look it up so sorry if it's not... Anyways, with the two kids and a small space I'm sick of constantly cleaning up, making dinner at the last minute with screaming, hungry kids, etc. So I thought I'd share some of my simplifying techniques and get some from some of you as well....

1. I boil chicken in the crockpot--I put it in in the morning and take it out when it's dinner time
2. Okay, I even cook beef in the crockpot--like right now, I'm making sloppy joes for dinner...so the beef is in the crockpot cooking.
3. Instead of constantly picking up toys in the living room, I have a bucket outside of the kids room that I throw their things into (clothes, toys, books, etc) and then we (usually still me) put them away after dinner/before bed.
4. If I have to chop veggies for dinner/boil noodles, I do it while Bergen's napping...so I don't have to worry about not watching him in the kitchen and then reheat when it's dinner time.
5. I seperate chores through out the week rather than doing them all on Saturday morning... ex: monday-clutter/dishes/dust. Tuesday-clutter/dishes/bathrooms. Wednesday--clutter/dishes/floors.
6. Tally loves to ride her bike...but Bergen can't really walk along, so she gets to ride it to the mailbox and back while he's sleeping...and when we walk to the park...rather than just random bike rides.
7. Then, like any good mom/homemaker, I have my own time...so when Bergen's napping Tally has quiet time for atleast 20 min...
8. YEAH RIGHT!!! OKay, so all of these steps work GREAT when I follow them but I don't always (like the cleaning thing). Anyways, so my question:
What do you do to simplify?!?!

1 comment:

JT42 said...

i make a weekly menu plan, so i can just make and not think ahead of time...i have started to write a weekly schedule on a large piece of paper and hang it in the kitchen so everyone knows what's happening that week, no wondering...