Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What a Week (and a half!)

On the first of June, we left Svend behind in Chicago and the kids and I headed off to Texas to witness some very important milestones! Here is Svend and Bergen saying goodbye (or just "uh-oh") Sunday night was very important. My little brother Jordan was ordained an Elder. He was the last of 4. Next step...MISSION! Pretty cool! I'm really excited for him --though it's nearly 6 months away! Can't wait to go back to Texas for that temple trip!!!
Monday night, we got to go out of Grandpa's new boat. Good thing we didn't take Tally out on the old one---she'd have thought she was on a rocket!!!! Notice she's holding her pig-tails like they are going to fly away! Her favorite place was safe in the cabin. Bergen preferred driving!
The next big event was Jordan's highschool graduation! About 1200 students were on the list!!! Notice all the books my family brought to enjoy during the program!! hahah! Once again, no pics with Jordan...but I did get one with my uncle Ira whom I don't have any pics with! And the cake...well, Jordan said with graduation he was passing into Man-hood...so it was appropriate!
Eventhough I didn't get any pics with Jordan, I did go to his concert and here's a fun part of a vidoe!
My parents have a little dog, Snowy. Tally LOVES her but Bergen took a little getting used to her... but here he is laughing and enjoying himself!
The last big event was watching my other Brother ( I have 4) "walk" for his B.A. degree. YEA BRUCE!!!! Here he is with his youngest, Lilli. Notice her and Bergen and the same size...she's 5 months older than him!!!! Yes, we're raising a giant!
And then it was time to say good bye!! We really enjoyed just being with family!! It is so great to go "home" and have everyone there. Tally really needed the never ending playdates with her cousins and I needed the break from "life." Thanks mom for cooking and cleaning!! Thanks dad for everything too!!! We love you all and can't wait until the next "family reunion" hahaha!!!
Bergen and Grandma

Tally and Grandma

6 comments:

Jeni said...

What great pictures!! I'm sad that you guys are gone - we had so much fun. Glad to hear you've made it home safe and sound!! Love ya!

Rachel Holloway said...

What a fun trip! You sure do go home a lot!!! WOW!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

rachel-it's funny because it just always works out that we've been "home" at least once a year...I guess that's what happens when you have a big family!! Although, at first it was for funerals (grandparents)--not fun, but now it's for the fun stuff!!

JT42 said...

great pictures! glad to hear you made it home safely and are now moving/moved, i'll bet that's a little odd :)

elisa said...

hey jessica, it was great to see you 3 times instead of only once, thanks for coming out to see us and we had a great time with you too!

Josh and Krystal said...

How fun! Your kids have changed in the last few months! I am glad Svend is done with school and you get a little break...too bad it is spend moving again! It will be good though, right?! Enjoy the heat and humidity!!! We are struggling here. :)