Monday, June 16, 2008

Tap shoes to House. Fun Stuff

This last weekend I went to Youth Conference--No, I'm NOT in Young Women's but I do know some of the youth, so I was asked. It was my first time away from my kids overnight so it was kind of a vacation! My favorite time was dancing like a teenager to songs that I've NEVER heard (I guess I really am getting old), going to the classes, "doing" the service project (or rather, directing kids where the trash was that needed to be picked up) and finally the testimony meeting. My favorite quote from TM was "I know this Church is true because...it's just sooo cool!" True words of teen! This is Bergen's tower of cans...did we really need to buy those blocks for Christmas!?!? Yes, he really did build it all by himself, never standing...and some even fell on him and he kept on going-ouch!
My mom bought Tally some tap shoes to dress up in...she wears them EVERYWHERE! Today she was in her princess dress and tap shoes. The deal we made was, she could wear the shoes but not the dress..if she got dressed quickly! (she can take about 1 hour to get dressed-erg!). So, there we were in Walmart and Jewel with her clicking all along and sliding everywhere!

Favorite House quote: (not really a quote...just from memory)... Inspector: House, I've heard your name before. House: Yeah, I get that alot, it's also a noun!

4 more weeks until Nursery for Bergen!! I'm so excited! Yesterday in RS, he was walking around exploring (as usual) and I've taken him out before doing this but several women tell me not to worry about it so yesterday I didn't. However, he walked up to the teacher (I was in the front row) and just stood there touching the table. She said something about him distracting her (in front of everyone). It WASN'T rude, it was just very embarrassing...I didn't even catch what she said..I was so embarrassed. Anyways, I took him to the back and she said something like she didn't mean I had to take him out (again, in front of everyone) but he made a noise and I was about to cry (yes, I was really sensitive for some reason) and I took him out. I remember hating church when Tally was this age, so I've been proud of myself for taking everything in stride with Bergen... I just broke I guess... so I'm sooo happy--4 more weeks!!!!!!!


And last random stuff: This is a picture I took at the airport of the stuff you can't take in your carryon --because it's over 3 oz and needs to be packed away in checked baggage... look closely. You'll notice the example is... a bottle of wine! Oh, and just so you know, if you are traveling, you CAN carry-on kids medicine that is over 3 oz...you don't have to check it.


Well, lots to do (hopefully) this week...parks, storytime, and cleaning out for a yard sale!!! wahoo!!!

6 comments:

The Sabatini Family said...

I felt for you in RS on Sunday. I'm so sorry - I just can't believe she said something about it! Most just go on with their lesson without skipping a beat. Oh well. I bet you could sneak Bergen into Nursery early! :) See you later this week - I think we are planning on going to Bowen Park on Wednesday since it is in walking distance. Take care. ~Bonnie

The Sabatini Family said...

Oh, and I'm glad your back cause I need you to scout for deals for me! :)

-Laura- said...

It really irks me when people say rude stuff about noisy kids. It's not like you're trying to make them noisy on purpose. They're just babies for heavens sake! As if those few months before nursery aren't hard enough without people making you feel bad for being at church. (Can you tell I had a bad experience once too?!?!) I LOVE baby noises!

Butler Family said...

I was telling Tim about what she said on sunday and I was like seriously if I would have been in that same spot you were in I would have just started balling. I mean that was just over the edge rude. She really shouldn't have said that ESPECIALLY in front of everyone!! Usually everyone is fine and all cause they understand they have been there before and I am sure she has to but that was just to rude and I am sorry that she said that to you. 4 weeks isn't that long away either. Oh my gosh what Tally did would have scared the crap out of me too. I am sorry that she scared you so badly today!!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

Thanks everyone. I did want to clarify though that It wasn't rude what she said, just embarrassing. I noticed I put on my blog it was rude. Anyways, thanks for the sympathy! 4 weeks!! HOORAY!

Heidi said...

Yah, she wasn't being rude at all. When she saw cute Bergen looking up at her she said that she didn't know what to do, teach or play. ;) she was just joking. so don't worry, it was cute. anything involving a kiddo is adorable in relief society. ;)