I know I already posted today, but I had the scariest moment of my life this afternoon! First off let me just tell you about Tally's conversation this morning...she said she "died." She got it from Lion King I think...anyways, I kept asking if she meant "tired" or something like that, but she kept saying "died." I was a little annoyed that she knows this but tried to tell her that if she died, she'd be with Heavenly Father and not sitting by me. She then said "but I don't want to be with Heavenly Father right now" so I said, "well then, you haven't died." That was the end although the word kept coming up.
So, in the afternoon we decided to go swimming in our pool. We got there and it was closed (because it was only 65 outside--LAME) and so we turned to walk back home. Tally took off in front of me and I yelled, "stay on the grass and DON'T go in the road" She yells "okay Mommy! Don't worry I WILL stay on the grass." So, I'm walking just about 10 yards behind her and suddenly, she BOLTS across the road! OH MY GOSH!!!!! WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?!?! I ran so fast (with Bergen bumping on my hip all along) and ran across the road (in front of a car --but it was a little farther away) and Tally KNEW she was in trouble...so she kept running.
I yelled for her to get inside and get into Timeout as soon as she walked in the door. She was bawling now (and no doubt our close neighbors thought I was doing more than "time-out" with her). I put her on her bed and shut the door so I could go fume and FREAK OUT that my little girl could have been hit by a CAR!
So I guess the "moral" of the story is...NEVER trust a 3 year old no MATTER how "BIG GIRL" they are!!! --And, hold on to your babies!!! Because you never know when they could BOLT away!
4 comments:
This has happened to me and i's soooooooo so aweful. I'm just glad she's safe and I'm hoping you are okay. That day was a tough one for me...crying and second guessing myself as a mother. That is how we learn I guess. Plus I don't think it's your fault and 3 year olds should be more obedient right :) Sorry this happened but good to hear she's okay.
good thing everything is okay...i don't like when my kids start to understand the concept of death because it's all they talk about for weeks and then we have to have many, many conversations explaining that sometimes death isn't always pleasant. sorry this happened to you.
So scary! I'm bad with parking lots... since reading this post I've been trying to keep Grace right by me when we're in parking lots, but it's so hard.
Yikes - how scary! Happened many a time to me too - even when they're older!!! It never ends.
I'm so glad she's o.k. Don't worry about your neighbors - you'll be moving soon anyway! : )
Post a Comment