So for the past 2+ weeks, Bergen, as we know him, has been gone---emotionally. It's been so frustrating! He's been so grumpy and screams and fusses all night long. It's been hard to not think about so many "things" that could be wrong. Anyways, today I took him into the doctor after goop started pouring out of his eye (can you say pink eye?). I explained that this was new, but for the past 1/2 a month he has not been the normal easy going Bergen. So...he checked him out. Before this whole fussiness started, he had had an ear infection. The perscriptions gave him mega-rash and so we stopped them. The doctor had said that they were just inflamed...so not really an infection anyways...so no antibiotics. SOOOOO...long story short---the Bergen we have known for the past 2 weeks (the NOT normal one) has had a double ear infection for nearly a month. So the grumpiness and fussiness and "spitting up" and everything else? I guess a double ear infection (untreated) and pink eye will do that to a kid! I'm just glad all the scares about everything else going through my mind have pretty much been ruled out! So hopefully he'll be back to being Bergen in a few days!
3 comments:
Oh wow!! Poor kid!!! Well I am sure they put him on some medicine. SO hopefully he will be feeling better soon. We will pray that he does. How are you guys doing otherwise?
Poor baby! It's so frustrating when they're grumpy and you know something is wrong but can't figure out what and they can't tell you! If these new antibiotics give him diarrhea (sorry for grossing anyone out!) try and get him to eat some yogurt everyday. My kids like the Dora or the Trix and if he could eat the whole little cup of it that'll keep that "bad poops" away. Also try using some Lotrimin (found in the aisle by all the athelete's foot stuff) on his little bum and then topping that with some Dr. Smith's (or Desitin). Works wonders! Ryley does not do well with antibiotics so I've learned a few tricks! Hope he feels better soon and is back to happy little Bergen!
Sounds like Dylan. Finally took him to the Dr. yesterday and he has a double ear infection. But we are on meds and strangely enough, he puts himself to bed, once for a nap and bedtime. It's been nice, despite the whiny-ness. I hope Bergen gets better soon!
Post a Comment