Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley Passes Away

For those who are not LDS, our Church has a prophet who we believe leads and guides us, by God, today-just as in the Bible. Our current Prophet has been Gordon B. Hinckley. If you'd like to understand more, please go to http://www.mormon.org/ or http://www.lds.org/ . Two nights ago, Svend and I were talking about how wonderful President Hinckley has been as our prophet. We were talking about how after each conference everyone talks about how old he is getting and yet, he keeps on showing up 6 months later! When I opened my inbox this morning to see the news, it was a little surreal. I couldn't believe it and I felt like crying. It's a comforting thought, as I told my Sunday School class yesterday, to know the Lord knows all and has seen all. I am excited for the new President of the Church and will follow his direction just as I followed President Hinckley, because it's all from Heavenly Father. I'm so grateful for that.



1 comment:

Jenni said...

I loved that you did this. I did the same thing and I miss him already.

On another note...Tally is soooo funny! I have been reading your little side panel and can't get over some of the things these kiddos say. Keep her funny and one day we will have a great time laughing at the two of them!