Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bergen's First Birthday!!!

First, before the REAL star of the day...I just had to show this comparison picture! I've never thought Tally and Bergen looked TOTALLY alike (except on the day he was born), but can you see the resemblance? HOLY COW!!! Only difference, Tally ate her cake (and we had to MAKE her look messy, Bergen DIDN'T eat his and he got himself all messy!)
So today we celebrated Bergen's 1st Birthday!!! It was wonderful!! Beginning with french toast and then off to pictures at Sears...then home again for a nap...then PARTY TIME!!!! Then, topped it off with grilled cheese sandwiches (yes, this is Bergen's favorite)! We had a good day today and really wore the little guy out. He enjoyed the presents for a minute before Tally took over and so he sadly gave up and went on to play with the boxes. After explaining to Tally over and over again that her birthday would be soon and SHE would get presents, she finally gave the toys back. Both kids kindof had a rough night...with Bergen getting all the attention, and Tally fighting for it...so, on to CAKE! Bergen looked at us like...uh...you want me to eat this? He kindly took a piece and handed it too me. The only reason he even had chocolate frosting on himself was because he was trying to wipe it off his hands! In the end, his favorite part of the whole day was the bath--he LOVED that! Anyways, we are so happy Bergen is in our lives! He is such a special and wonderful little boy and truly a gift!!!

5 comments:

-Laura- said...

What a CUTE kid! I love the cake you made, what a fun idea! Spencer's very into cars too, in fact he got that same Thomas train for Christmas! Happy birthday Bergen!

Emily said...

sounds like fun. Cool cake BTW. And you are right Bergen & Tally do look a lot alike! Happy Birthday Bergen.

Christine said...

I've always thought they looked totally alike, I'm suprised you didn't see it earlier!!

Jenni said...

I can not believe he is one! Do you realise that we then have been friends for what a year and a half or more and it just seems like yesterday when we realised we were nieghbors. It kills me that we aren't there giving him a huge birthday hug and kiss and that his birth was a big part of our lives too. Yeah for Bergan for making it to one and yeah for Tally for helping him get there and Yeah for you guys for being such awesome parents. We look up to you!

Jeni said...

Happy birthday Bergen! I can't believe how much he and Tally looked alike! Cute cake!