Thursday, October 15, 2015

what lice did for my 4 year old

We had the joy of experiencing lice this month. I guess it was time. 8 years of kids in school settings and no lice? yep, time for us.

what a pain in the butt!!! holy crap that was a lot of work. my 4 year old brought the lovely bug home. She then shared her brush with her sisters…yep, the bugs climbed on her brush and loved her sister's hair. She also snuggled with me the night before…and yep, the lice, searching for cleaner hair…latched on to me.

the joy. the tears. the LAUNDRY. the vacuuming. the cleaning. the stripping of beds…daily. the packing of toys/bedding/pillows into plastic bags. the scrubbing of hair. the combing of hair.

so. much. fun.

but. we did have a huge positive.

Brooklyn wears clothes! Different clothes! Including underwear!  Maybe it was because I MADE her change so often, packed up everything, told her that her favorite clothes had bugs on them…? I don't know what it was exactly…BUT now she is wearing normal clothes. And…drum roll please….. SHOES!!!! She has tried different shoes and not freaked out when they didn't fit just right.  WHAT a HUGE blessing lice has been for our family.

I never want it again. This time it helped. Next time, it probably won't. So…stay away lice. We don't like you, we don't need you in our life! Ever. ever. ever. again!

No comments: