Wednesday, September 23, 2015

blessings from tithing

about a year ago I had a chat with a dear friend who always pays tithing. Her husband is an active member of our church and she could see that money going elsewhere. She wondered what was the point..although, she is super amazing and supports her husband and also agrees that the church goes great things with the funds, she was still wondering why.


we are in the hole. Once again. What else is new? I paid our tithing this month knowing full well we would be already using money from our next paycheck to pay for bills and food. Life. I wondered...where are the blessings of tithing? I will tell you.


I got a part time job. I drive 30 min and work as a swim coach for 30min 4 days per week and will now make $$$ extra per month for our family... Blessing.
but what about small every day blessings we don't see?
I went to time out for women last week. It was a struggle paying for the random meals and needed hotel... Dinner came and they messed up my order. They ended up comp'ing it. Blessing of tithing.
today I made my grocery list. After I finished, my mom called. She was going thru my grandma's fridge and freezer. It was most of my list! Blessing from tithing!


there are blessings all around us. We just have to look...


last...someone posted on fb that they wanted to make a temple dress for someone who couldn't afford one... She is making me one! Right now I ha e my moms old mumu. Haha.


blessing!!!

No comments: