this is from my studentlifeblog…but that's private… and I wanted this on my family blog.
Point A: residency
Point B: Dr Jackman Associate
Our eyes were opened on Saturday night and the Hand of the Lord revealed. In December of 2013, we came to Texas to sign a contract. We felt good about it but I really put it on Svend. I didn't want anything to do with it if it wasn't good (and be blamed and scorned for putting our family in Texas ;). We moved to Texas in June 2014. We started making some money but knew pretty much right away that things were not right with the job. Eventually the job was lost (January 15th to be exact--Bergen's birthday) and we secured another job to begin this week as an associate of Dr. Jackman. We moved our family to the small town where the clinic will be and are excited for the new adventure. Praying it all works out :)
Saturday night we were invited to Dr. Jackman's birthday party. He's in the bishopric so basically their ward was there. As we went through the room and were introduced to everyone, we began to see our picture fully painted. We met a friend of a friend. Back in Illinois, Liberty had told us her friend was in Sherman and would help us out. We had planned on living in Sherman. Liberty told her friend about us. Her friend asked who were were working for. Liberty passed on the information. Her friend was a good friend of the Jackmans. Her friend told Amy Jackman about us…and who we were working for. Amy told her to have us call her. She said it was NOT a good situation and we should really be warned. Her friend contacted Liberty and told her. Liberty and her husband (Svend's good friend) apparently decided not to get in the middle of things…. bummer right? WRONG!
What would have happened with that phone call? We would have been warned. We would have been bummed. We would be at square one searching for a job. We'd probably be in Idaho--haha…not. There was no job opening for us back in December/June 2014 with Dr. Jackman. We would not be in Texas.
It was part of the plan. How could we know the good without the bitter? After residency you need a job. You expect a job. You find one that looks good and you have to take it--mostly. Obviously you can search some more but really, if you find a good one in the place you want to live…you stop looking. You are extremely vulnerable. We were vulnerable.
We still have that "fear" or being sued or threatened for technically being within our "noncompete" area in our previous contract…but what would he get? Right now we make nothing… literally. Thank goodness for our tax return and my parents letting us take over their home for nearly 8 months! Without those to things, we would be in the hole all the way… we're just a few feet under right now ;)
The Lord prepared a way for us. He knew we needed to get to point B…but couldn't directly from point A. We had to go through a zig zag and learn. We had to be tried and tested. We had to endure crud… now we are smarter and stronger. I don't know if we'll be here forever, but for now we are… in a good place. I'm grateful to finally SEE the Lord's hand in this craziness that has happened.
I love the gospel. I love my Savior. I love my Father in Heaven who knows ME.
1 comment:
Hey Jessica - I'm so sorry that things were rough with your first job and I'm so glad that it all is turning around for you guys. I hope this next place is perfect for your family! It is amazing to look back and see that even in the really crappy times you were still being guided to "point b" as you put it. I feel like there is so much zig zag at times and I loved your perspective here.
- Emily Erickson
PS You need to update your blog more. ;)
Post a Comment