Just had to write a little about my husband. I am so grateful for him and to him. He does so much for us with little reward. We always talk (as a church, society, etc) how moms have such an unseen job but I believe Dad's do too. He is gone when the kids wake up and rarely home when they go to bed at night. He is the reason there is food on the table, gas in the car, and a roof over our heads. He takes the kids for runs and teaches them the importance of exercise-not just watching their parents, but joining their parents. He provides balance in our parenting. Life would be pretty hard, hormonal, boring, and frustrating if Daddy wasn't involved. He lets me be pregnant. Whenenever he has days off (mostly weekends), I get to not only be pregnant but act pregnant. He picks up my slack and we make a fantastic team.
In his work it hasn't been easy. Lots of politicking within co-workers/administrators. Lots of unkind words and pressure. It's been a rough 2 years with little in the form of praise in his job. He has been a change in the pattern and I wish the new residents could understand just how easy he makes it for them. He has taken residents under his wing, led them along, and put aside all the usual crap that he had to deal with as a 1st and 2nd year. The residents below him are extremely blessed.
He has given up his trip to Europe for his family. He scours the internet weekly in search of a new car to replace the beater he knows will drive until it can't anymore. He goes hungry when his small weekly budget doesn't allow him to grab a quick lunch and he left too early to grab something from home. He makes so many sacrafices for us and I am so grateful to him and for him. He is my everything and I am so grateful this last 10 years is just the tip of the iceburg and we have an entire eternity to enjoy together.
He takes the kids on dates. He rubs my swollen feet. He tickles and teases the kids when they are upset and I can't take anymore..he is able to change everyone's moods. He listens to my political rants and complaints. He listens to my concerns. He blesses our family. He loves our family. He protects and provides for our family.
We love him.
1 comment:
I really enjoyed reading this post....you most definitely have an amazing husband!! :)
Post a Comment