Today was a perfect day. Literally. We got up at 6:30 and headed to Gurnee to our old ward an hour away to be there for a friend's baby blessing. We arrived early and it was so wonderful to see our old friends (we've only been gone for 6 weeks!) come through the doors. We sat by the Bowkers (our resident grandparents) and the kids enjoyed their fruit snacks and quiet toys. Tabitha sat on Sister Bowkers lap nearly the entire sacrament meeting and enjoyed her arm rubs. Heaven.
Kids went to classes so willingly and enjoyed their teachers and friends. Tabitha went to nursery with Sister Bowker since she was subbing and loved it. When nursery was over, I went to get and she said "NO! I want to stay with Grandma!" ohhhhhh :) I leaned and told Sister Bowker that and she asked us to come over for dinner. Well...okay! I told Tabitha we would be going to their home and she threw a tantrum because she wanted to "go in grandma's car." ohhhhhhh:) To be honest...the kids see their grandparents 1-2 times per year...so really the Bowkers are the most consistent grandparents in their lives. As in they see them the most and are treated like family.
We left and went to the Bowles' home for lunch after the blessing. The kids played and we enjoyed company...TONS of it. They had LOTs of people over for a huge feast. So, 2 hours later we left and headed to see Diane. She is our one of a kind neighbor who truly is the best thing that ever happened to us in Gurnee. She has been the kids' favorite person and number one person they ask about most. We surprised her as Bergen went flying under her semi-opened garage door to chase her dog, Jack. She was thrilled to see us! We spent 2 hours outside. The kids walked the dog, watered the flowers, Bergen picked tons of tomatoes and a bell pepper, had a water fight...yeah, it was pretty awesome. it was so wonderful to see her. We miss her so much. So much. Bergen actually put a baggie of water out on the porch a few days ago to see if any neighbors were good enough to give him another fish... sadly, no fish...but he loved Diane even more because of what she did for us. And we still love Speed-eo.
We left and headed to the Bowkers to stop by. We were still full from lunch so thought we'd pass on eating. Nope. Steak and potatoes with another couple they had invited over. The kids loved playing inside and outside. Brooklyn loved being able to wander around wherever. We miss our yard! and culd-a-sac!!! After dinner Brother Bowker even let off fireworks!! Such a wonderful day. We were totally spoiled. Exactly what our family needed to be rejuvenated and feel loved.
Diane called me saying we'd left some stuff and offered to drive it to us! We were still in town so we stopped by to grab our tomatoes. She had the cutest art packets put together for each of the kids. She truly is amazing. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Love her!!!
Loved all the hugs today by old ward members. Loved the chat with the primary chorister asking for Tally to come back for the program with promises of her own microphone. haha. Living in a small ward was wonderful. Svend and I talked about it on the way home and we literally knew everyone. Every one. Young, old, whatever. We knew who they were, when they were gone, when they came back, outward trials, children, etc. The primary was so small. But it gave our children so many opportunities to grow. Tally gained so much confidence in her singing because of that small primary. Bergen had a voice in class. In a large primary it's hard not to become just a number. I know it's not really that bad, but I am so grateful for the time we had in the small ward. It was worth it and I am grateful.
Perfect day. Starting a new week refreshed and ready to go forward!!
4 comments:
So glad you guys got to go back and have a wonderful day! I'm sure your new ward will be just as wonderful once you settle in too. :)
I love perfect days like this, when all is well in your little world, and your cup overflows with blessings so apparent. Happy you had one of those days!
I love perfect days like this, when all is well in your little world, and your cup overflows with blessings so apparent. Happy you had one of those days!
I love perfect days like this, when all is well in your little world, and your cup overflows with blessings so apparent. Happy you had one of those days!
Post a Comment