We were able to get away for the night and take the kids on their first camping trip! We haven't been since I was pregnant with Bergen! We recently acquired a 10 man tent and it was AWESOME!
3 bedrooms!!! One for the 3 big kids, then one for the pack-n-play and one for Svend and me (and our air mattress!)Svend gave the two older kids pocket knives. Pretty exciting moment!
Taking a hike to go fishing...
All they caught were some plants... so while Svend practiced fly fishing, the kids threw rocks...
HIGHLIGHT of the campout...the campfire! And s'mores :)
Everyone woke up bright and early....except Brooky. It was a REALLY chilly night... and I felt bad for everyone because I know I was FREEZING!
Breakfast... eggs and bacon
We all had a great time. The kids can't wait to go again...though the next time I think Svend will just take the older two... We got to go to a fishing and archery event on Saturday and shot some bows and arrows. Great weekend!







2 comments:
Sounds like a fun trip! The kids all look happy so it must have been great.
Very cool 10 MAN TENT!!! :) Which campground did you go to? We used to LOVE camping, before we moved to the HEAT of south central Texas!! Girls Camp down here is in March, during spring break. It's way too hot during the summer, whew!! As for our Boy Scout Camp, well...they need to get tough so they survive the heat of June. :)
Connie
Post a Comment