Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Baby is ONE!

My Brooklyn in ONE today!!! I can't believe it. Well...it does feel like a YEAR has gone by...but it's just weird that my BABY is already a toddler...
We are so grateful she's in our family! She is so cute and funny. The kids adore her. Well... mostly. Tabitha has come to see her as the annoying little sister now that Brooklyn is walking. :) Bergen has given up on marrying her and finally understands why he can't. Tally doesn't get to play with her as much since she's gone all day but when they are together, she is playing more and more with her because she's walking :)

Brooklyn:
  • 21lbs
  • 29.5inches
  • Walking EVERYWHERE and tries to run!
  • Very picky eater...
  • favorite foods (most of the time): cheese, kidney beans, green beans, CORN, "real" pizza, pears, apple slices, banana baby food, peanut butter, celery, hotdogs, and popcorn.
*yes, I realize most 1year olds should NOT be eating some of those things...but you know what? she's my number 4 and I'm not an idiot ;)
  • We bought her (and the kids) and second hand slide for her birthday. After one day, that little stinker could not only walk up all 4 ladder rungs, but could get her body up on top and situated correctly on the slide! I kept telling her " you're ONE! Not 5!!!" She's not slowing down!
  • She had curly hair
  • she still doesn't sleep through the night (UGH!)
  • for her birthday she got an ear infection (boo!) which is the 3rd since December...so tubes could be in her future.
  • she says dadadadadaadadada a lot :)
  • She is a total daddy's girl! Svend doesn't agree...however, when he walks in the room, I am dead to her! Of course, when I leave it does become a problem still...but she loves her daddy!
  • She looks like all the other kids did at age one :)
  • We love her and while she snuck her way in...we are so grateful she came when she did. She has been such a blessing to our family and we couldn't see life without her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday Brooklyn!!! =D