Friday, November 25, 2011

The joys of being a DPM

Well, I'm grateful that for now, Svend has ZERO ambition to work solo in his career...nor does he want to work for a hospital. Thanksgiving day we went to the Turkey Trot Tally and I had signed up for. I ran my 5k and Tally was set to run her 1/2 mile. Svend is on call this week and it began Thanksgiving day. So, 5 min before Tally's race, he gets a page. He joins her about 1/4 way into the race and helped her along. But, as soon as it was over, he was off. We didn't see him again until 8pm. Thanksgiving day was pretty much a lame bust. I decided that if that EVER happens again, we will postpone until he is not on call. I am NOT doing a SOLO Thanksgiving EVER again with just me and the kids. I probably could have made it better...but there was NOTHING to do that day. The next Holiday he is on call, I will plan for the worse and hopefully it will turn out way better.
Poor guy didn't eat anything all day, then ate his Thanksgiving meal in front of the TV. Awesome. Pretty lame. Totally not what I always picture Thanksgiving being.
Today he went in to round at 8am and basically JETTED out of there as fast as he could at 4pm, only to get a page 20 min into his drive home. THANKFULLY he doesn't need to see that patient til early tomorrow morning. Maybe we'll see him sometime this weekend :) Still grateful he's not on call for Christmas. THANK GOODNESS!

1 comment:

Butler Family said...

wow that sounds so rough but you are just so strong and positive