Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The big Kids

The big kids are ready for school to begin. :) They are having a good time this summer with each other and are also have a hard time with eachother. All and all it's been fun. Bergen is now 4 1/2 and will hopefully go to preschool again this year (waiting to see if we still qualify for the free program). If not, we'll be doing lots of story time and other stuff... He will not let me take a picture of him unless he is making a silly face. Luckly, he's good at them and we think he's pretty cute. He's a big kid... 44 inches tall and 47lbs. He loves to wrestle and will tackle anyone and everyone any time of day. He does not like "girl" stuff and is definitly all boy. He loves to make his sisters laugh. He loves to play with Tally when he wants to, but not when she wants him to. He likes to be by himself alot. We pulled out a vest for him to wear to church on Sunday and I told him he looked so handsome. He smiled so shyly. He then told everyone about his "handsome." Haha. that's what he thought it was called. Tally is the best big sister I could have ever asked to have to her younger siblings. She is my biggest helper. We head butt a LOT but it's because she's pretty much like me. I'm trying to kick both our bad habits and work on our relationship. She keeps telling me to have more kids so she can take care of Tabitha and Brooklyn and I can have the other ones... what other ones?! She is very excited to go into 1st grade in a few weeks. She is loves school work. Her kindergarten teacher sent her home with TONS of work to help her keep up over the summer. She does it nearly every day and keeps telling me she had to turn it in... Tally has a love for life. Sometimes it gets her into trouble though because she's in everyone's faces and just wants to be sooo social.
Both kids are taking karate now. They love it! TAbitha loves it too. Tally said she'll take dance in "4 years" but karate for now. We had a talk with the kids about stranger danger and now they both come up with scenarios all day long about what they would do to the stranger that tries to take them. I'm glad I had the talk with them and even told them all the things they are officially allowed to do to anyone who tries to take them. They were a little shocked for that permission...but in the world we live in today, I was too freaked out to NOT tell them to punch and kick and scream all they wanted :)

1 comment:

Jeni said...

I can't believe Tally will be in first grade! That is just crazy. I'm so glad she's a good helper. I can totally see her wanting to be the mommy though. Maddie's the same way a lot of the time.

I think Bergen is bigger than Cash now! Cash is too skinny though.